Day 2: First date/after-school

Mitsuba's POV

Yashiro pulls out a gray suit with a pink flower. She smiles, and hands it to me.

"Daikon-senpai, this is stupid. Do I really have to get dress up for a date with lame ass traffic safety earring?" I ask, puffing up my cheeks with embarrassment. She sighs.

"Come on. It's a first date! This is a special, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!" She says. I shake my head, sighing.

"Fine." I agree reluctantly. I go behind the curtain to change into the suit. When I come back out, Yashiro squeals.

"You look so cute, Mitsuba-san!" She exclaims. I sigh.

"Just help me put up my hair." I say. Yashiro obliges, and gives me some mascara.

"Eee! You're so cute like that, Mitsuba! Kou's gonna love it!" My face flushes as she mentions Kou. He'd been the first one to confess. I'd immediately confessed back, much to my embarrassment. The boy had asked me on a date, and for some reason, I had agreed, putting me in my current situation.

"I'll be off now. Thank you, Daikon-senpai!" I wave and run off, only to crash right into Kou-kun. I stumble, and start falling backwards, before he catches me, a hand on my back, the other holding my hand, just like we're in a waltz. My face immediately becomes red and hot.

"E-eh?!" I exclaim. Kou realizes our position, and pulls me upright, blushing.

"Sorry... Oh, I booked reservations at the karaoke place we sung at that other day." He says. I grin. "Then this suit is unnecessary."

I run back into the room with Daikon-senpai, and quickly change behind the curtain. The outfit I chose is a black crop top, with half and half neon green and pink suspenders, attacked to shorts with a neon green hem and a neon pink hem. A neon green headband goes in my hair, and a pink choker around my neck, the same colour as the others. Unfortunately, the crop top is large around my shoulders, and slips to one side.

I race back out to Kou. He sees my new outfit, and smiles. "Really getting into the mood, huh?"

"Yup!" I grin back.

***

At the karaoke place, Kou buys two lemonades. We sit down at a table for two. Kou insists on pulling my chair out, and pushing it back in. He is so proper, and chivalry is so important to him. It's stupid, but sweet, kind, and cute.

"We're up in three songs. Are you ready?" He asks. I grin at him.

"I was born ready."

We are called up not long after that. I start, like usual.

"If I told you this was only gonna hurt, if I warned you that the fire's gonna burn, would you let me do it first?"

"Do it all in the name of love." Kou takes over. "Would let me lead you even when your blind? In the darkness, in the middle of the night."

"In the silence, when there's no one by your side, would you call in the name of love?"

We start singing together in the chorus. The song blurs together, and it is finished before we know it. My head is unclear, and I'm beginning to think the lemonade had some form of alcohol in it.

"One more, Kou." I plead. He nods, slightly flushed.

Kou sings the first bit this time, his voice sounding angelic. I grin, knowing it's my turn next.

"I want your ugly, I want your disease. I want your everything as long as it's free, I want your love."

"Love love love, I want your love."

The song flashes by. Next thing I register, I am recklessly throwing myself across the stage, and kissing Kou on his lips. I can feel him melting into the kiss, and I know now that I am intoxicated for certain.

We separate, and go off stage. I am flushed, and embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me-" I starts, but Kou presses a finger to my lips to silence me.

"Something popped up last minute, and I have to go. Do you want to come with me?" Kou asks. I nod, and he pulls me along the streets, until we reach a nightclub.

We enter, and I notice it is a nightclub for all species. I follow Kou as he makes a beeline for a booth. We enter, and I notice the man across from us. He is clearly an apparation, and I look at Kou, confused.

"So, you sighted the mermaid. Where was she last?" Kou demands. I realize this is connected to what happened that Yashiro explained to me the time I saw her turn into a fish.

"Yes. She is heading toward the school at a steady pace. She appears to be growing more powerful, so be careful." The man says, before nodding, and slipping out of the booth. I realize Kou and I are alone.

"Maybe we could continue the date here? It doesn't seem fair if your first date was cut short." He says. I smile.

"Sure."

Day 2 completed.

Not gonna lie, this was fun to write. I hope you enjoyed it.

Ari. 💕