Whitegarde Under Siege Pt 1

Whitegarde a beautiful city laced with white and gold on every building. A place where the paladins of Eldath Goddess of Peace trained. Even the poorer district was better off than most districts in other cities. Whitegarde welcomed all races with no prejudice and open arms. Now it is burning with screams filling the air. Demons have found their way in after disabling the pillar of light coming from Eldath's Tower which protected the citizens. The paladins are overrun and outnumbered, but they still fight with the ferocity of an owlbear. Eladin a Gold Dragonborn paladin has been commanded by his captain to return Eldath's Light for it is their only hope to push back the invading hoards.

   Eladin gripped Wrathreaver his greatsword tight as he ran through the streets back towards the tower. He was one of the first to respond when the invasion broke out. Portals of black opened up and fowl creatures came pouring out by the hundreds. Sweat flickered off his scales. Eladin's eyes dart around him seeing other brother and sisters being slain, yet still fighting valiantly. While proud of them he knew he could not admire their spirit for long. Stopping right outside the gates that led to the temple of Eldath and the tower. A huge demon with two heads one spitting fire the other electricity. Without hesitation he leaped up and swung at its chest.

   A satisfying cut opened up in the two headed demon's chest releasing a thick black ooze. The demon let out a sharp cry and directed both heads at Eladin. Fire and electricity spewed out like a raging river. Eladin barely dodged out of the way as the foul creature continued to breath out destruction. This time Eladin aimed for the left leg. However, the creature while big was not stupid and he lifted his leg while swing his body connecting it with the pesky paladin. Being sent forth into a building Eladin was dazed. He could hear monstrous steps heading towards him. As he began to collect himself Eladin saw one of the heads peeking into the hole his body created. Eyes of fire gleamed as a mouth the size of a door opened, flames flickering inside it's throat, and now gushing out towards Eladin. Wide eyed the only thing that came to mind was to grab the tower shield on his back and slam in front of him. The force of the shield hitting ground caused the floor to cave in a little. Hot flames licked and attempted to swallow the shield and it's bearer. Yet the paladin stood alive, and the heat receding back. Eladin took this as his chance. He threw his shield aside and with quickness that even surprised him launched his sword into the the throat of fire breathing head. Right before he let go he spoke a word of command. Loud and proud he shout "Aldun!" White fire encased the greatsword and the demon went wide eyed, but it was to late to grab this abomination to those who dwell in the Abyss. Once the sword was in pain racked this demon. It swayed slamming its fist into the side of the building, the other head shooting out electricity into the air, and the house beginning to crumble. Eladin took his shield and busted through the front door. Splinters flew everywhere as his great body crushed it with ease. He look back towards the two headed abomination.

   One head was limp yet the other still breathing out electricity and writhing. Half of creature's body was limp, yet the other half was now dragging it's self towards Eladin. Caught by surprise he didn't dodge the breath that made his scales wriggle. Electricity filled his body and having half plate armor did not help his situation. Eladin went limp. The demon picked him up opening his huge maw.

   Something struck the side of its head. His eyes shot towards a metal point tip sticking out the other side. The demon's vision went black. Still clutching Eladin he fell almost smashing the paladin. A purple tiefling adorn in half plate with horns that curved like a goat's did a running jump towards the hand gripping here brother. While she didn't grab him she managed to push him into safety. Checking his vitals and breathing the tiefling could hear a shallow yet steady breath. She grabbed a bottle of bright red substance from her side pouch, and poured the contents into Eladin's mouth.

Eladin's eye lids slowly lifted as he saw his sister in arms next to him with an empty bottle.

"Thank you for saving my life again Diza" Eladin whispered.

Diza chuckled "Of course someones got to look after you and your habit of slaying every evil thing in your path."

Eladin Smiling " I only take half of the credit for that one" he pointed towards the huge yet dead demon.

"You're to weak to continue" Diza said noticing the bruises and burnt scales of her brother.

"Yes I am sadly, but the light must be returned to the tower" Eladin said weakly.

   Diza knew what must be done. She lifted her companion up and assisted him into one of the abandon house not far from their location. After laying him down she gave a short prayer asking Eldath to watch over her faithful warriors who still wage against this horrible onslaught. She left heading back towards the still two headed demon. Diza pulled her spear from it's skull. Pushing the gates to the temple open she saw a battle taking place on it's steps. Wrathful demons and vengeful paladins littered the site. This must be where the main battle is taking place. The demons doing everything they can to stop the light from returning. Diza dashed towards the tower. She was going to get the great Eldath's light back on even if it killed her.

End of Pt one