Chapter fifty-four: Timothy

"You can't seriously believe that she's still alive!" Donna cried as Timothy looked at the map in front of them. He looked up at Donna, "She's my sister! And Gordon's with her. I promised my dad that I'd protect them, and that's what I'll do. If I die trying that's what I'll do. They're the only family I have left." Donna glared at him. What her problem was Timothy did not know, but he didn't care either. "You think they'll move this way?" Veronica asked looking down at the map. "They're heading for the coast, and judging from the signs she left right outside that city, this should be the route they've taken if they want to avoid the cities." Timothy said pointing at the marker drawn line on the map in front of them. "And how can you be so sure that is was her who left those signs?" Donna asked sharply. Timothy glared at Donna, "Because Mary recognised the names." Donna scoffed, "And you believe that little poster?" She asked sharply. Mary stood up and glared at Donna. "Ellie was, is my best friend. No one but her could have left messages like that." Timothy put a hand on Mary's shoulder. Slowly she sat down again, "I believe Mary. For one thing she could tell things about Ellie that no one but those who know her can." He said it with a finality that made Donna fall back in her seat and glare at them.

"What if we've passed them?" Marcus asked looking at Timothy carefully. "That is possible. I don't know but if we have they should reach this pass soon enough. I don't think they're stupid enough to go through the town down there, it's like asking for them to come and eat them like a buffet table." Timothy said. "They went through the other city." Donna said nastily. "So did we if it missed your notice somebody had blocked all ways around it!" Juan said hotly, Sebastian was glaring at Donna as well. No one liked her much... "I'm just saying! I don't believe this sister of yours is as smart as you make her out to be." Timothy rose from his seat and Donna drew back in her seat. "I'd watch what you say Donna. If I don't remember wrong it was you who caused Meredith, Jasper and Hugo's deaths." He said in a deadly tone. Donna flinched away and fell quiet.

"We did pass an auto camper on the way. It could have been them." Grant said. Timothy nodded slowly, "Might be, but there's no way to be sure. There was no light inside it and no movement." Timothy said. He did not want to get his hopes up, "But it was too small for a party of four." Veronica said. Mary looked pale as she looked out of the window in the small town house. "We'll have to keep moving. If they're not here by ten tomorrow morning, we leave. We cannot stay one place for too long." Timothy said. He rolled up the map and looked around the small group. The rest of their party was patrolling the rest of the house and their cars. Timothy paced the room as the door opened and Marlene walked into the room, she threw a bloody knife down on the table in front of Donna. Donna sneered at Marlene, but stood none the less and left the room. "Sorry I'm late." She did not sound sorry at all. "We had a little biter situation." She said sitting down in the seat. "What did I miss?" she asked.

Grant and Mary quickly filled her in on their discussion. "I think Donna needs to understand who's in charge." Grant grunted after a small silence. "Also Tim you really need to reject her." Marcus said pulling a face. Timothy blinked at him, "Why would I need to do that?" He asked. Juan rolled his eyes, "She's into you, big T, she's trying to get you to do as she wants. Tell her flat out that you don't like her, or kiss somebody else in front of her." Juan's eyes moved briefly to Mary who was busy looking at the map again her brow furrowed.

Timothy noticed it and shook his head. "No, Juan. I'm not going to do that; she is very clear on that topic." Timothy said a small edge to his voice. "Well I better be off, patrolling to do." Veronica left the room closing the door behind her. "Garbage patrol!" Veronica yelled making them all jump. There was loud cussing just behind the door and a series of bangs. "Looks like somebody was trying to listen." Grant said crossing his arms. "Seriously Tim you need to do something about her. We can't keep going like this. She's already cost half of the groups lives." He continued. Timothy took a deep breath. Mary frowned, "Grant's right Timothy. Donna can't continue doing what she's doing. We can't risk more lives because..." Screams echoed through the house. Timothy cussed and wrenched open the door and stormed towards the source of the disturbance. Donna stood in a corner a nasty smile on her face. "Didn't I tell you it would happen if you didn't listen? Orders from Timothy." The man was fending off a dead person with a lamp screaming for help. Timothy seized Marlene's knife and knocked the dead in Donna's direction. He drove the knife straight through the skull and let the rotten body crash over Donna.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" He roared as Donna struggled to remove the dead body from herself. "What I'm doing?" She asked struggling to her feet. "I'm keeping this group alive. He's a threat! I only did..." Timothy drove his fist through the wall next to Donna's head. "You're a threat Donna! This is not acceptable. You are not in charge here." Donna flinched away from him, but still kept her nasty smile. "But dearest. I'm sure that if you would just listen to me you'd..." "ENOUGH!" Timothy pinned Donna against the wall by her throat. "Listen to me, and listen good." He growled. "There is nothing between us, there never will be and never have been. You need to stop your little games or I will put a stop to it." Donna let out a strangled laughter. "Oh you're in denial aren't you? Has little miss fancy Mary meddled with your head, told you lies? I know you're fooling around with her..." Timothy shoved his arm harder against his throat. "Maybe I am, but that is none of your business. We're leaving in the morning, without you."

Timothy stormed out of the room, leaving Donna on the floor gasping for air and rubbing her throat. Mary frowned at her and followed Timothy knowing that his temper was going to run awry if somebody didn't watch him. In many ways, he and Ellie was quite alike. Timothy was going through their rations in his car, "You're not going to blow up are you?" Mary asked leaning against the side of the car watching Timothy mumble under his breath. "Blow up? Why would I blow up?" He asked angrily. "Because every time Donna cause problems you tend to blow up at some random person." He glared at Mary, "I do not." He said crossing his arms across his chest. Mary didn't break eye contact with him, "Yes you do. Last time it was Grant, the time before that, Juan, before that Veronica and before that Marcus..." Timothy cut her off. "Fine whatever, leave me alone." He said. Mary didn't move but merely watched him silently as he worked fuming. "Timothy what am I going to do with these?" One of their group members asked. Timothy was about to open his mouth to say something when he caught Mary's eye, he bit back his snarl and took a deep breath. "Throw it out, we can't use it. It's covered in dried blood from a deadling." The girl nodded and hurried away.