Harry Potter x Reader

You were in your 5th year, and you were rebelling against the Demon Toad Umbridge. You had gotten up and snuck into the Room of Requirement, along with the rest of Dumbledore's Army. Tonight, you were working on the Patronus charm and you couldn't wait because, well, you already could cast a corporeal Patronus. You got into the room and saw some people already there, but not everyone. You walked over to the corner and began practicing. Harry walked over to you smiling. "Hey (Y/N). How's it going?" he asked. Your mind went semi-blank. You had a HUGE crush on Harry for the longest time. 

"Um-I- I think- I'm fine, thanks," you stuttered. Harry brushed his shaggy hair out of his face.

"Great! I bet you'll do amazing today!" Harry exclaimed. As the rest of the students filed into the ROR, Harry began talking about the Patronus charm. You zoned out since you already knew everything about it. You came back to reality just in time to hear him say "We'll need a volunteer to show us if they can do it... how about... (Y/N)?" You walked up to where he was standing and pulled out your beautiful wand.

"Expecto Patronum." A silvery-white (Y/P) erupted from the tip of your wand. Gasps of shock and awe sounded from the onlooking crowd of students. You grinned, still being proud of being able to produce a full-bodied Patronus. Harry looked at you in- adoration? No, that couldn't be right. Probably just surprise.

"Wow-(Y/N)- that was- wow," he praised. "Let's give (Y/N) a hand for her wonderful demonstration!" As the students applauded, you stepped back down to your usual place at the back. Everyone spread out across the room to practice the spell while you conjured (Y/P) again and watched it run around the room. It always calmed you in a way, when you were stressed out because the (Y/A) in you wanted you to turn and run for a while... you had special permission from Dumbledore himself to go out 3 times a week to calm yourself. There was something settling about having a guardian spirit animal with you and you found out that since you were an animagus, your Patronus would stay longer with you and you could interact with it. (I don't think this is actually true but whatever I'm adding it because I can) You heard footsteps approaching outside the room and suddenly became alert, causing your Patronus to disappear. You stared in the direction you heard the footsteps in and Harry noticed your unease. "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" he asked concernedly. You heard Toad-face's voice and your eyes widened.

You shook your head. "Umbridge," you whispered. "She knows." Harry looked at you strangely before shaking his head.

"Well, even if she does know we're here, she can't get in. We'll be fine." Harry tried to reassure you.

"No. We have to go now if we don't want to get caught. Please, we have to go!" you begged. Harry sighed and walked on. You stared after him, bottom lip trembling. Was he really going to ignore you when Umbridge was breaking in at this very minute? Then another thump echoed throughout the room and everyone stopped, Patronuses fading. Nigel walked towards the hole that had formed in the wall and looked out, seeing the ugly Toad Teacher smiling her freakish demon smile worthy of the devil. 

"I'll make short work of this!" she exclaimed in a sickly voice, pointing her wand at the hole as Harry saw what was happening and pulled Nigel away from the wall right before it exploded. Umbridge saw the group of you standing there and pulled Cho Chang from the side, and you knew it was Cho who betrayed you, even if she didn't want to. 

                                                                          *l e    t i m e   s k i p*

You were sitting in detention, the quill carving I must not break the rules into your non-writing hand. You winced, but you had felt much worse pain than this before, fighting werewolves in the forbidden forest (if you want your animagus to be an animal that can't fight a werewolf, like a parrot or zebra or something, then just ignore the fighting werewolves part)and taking abuse from your ex-boyfriend Cooper. As one particularly deep letter cut into your hand, you made a small noise of pain; Harry looked over at you with concern. His desk was right next to yours.