Welcome

When a person saw the café that was Murdock's Mochas for the first time they saw a brightly colored respite from the gloominess and harsh reality that was the streets of Gotham City. It's red awning and warm, homey glow, as well as its promise of caffeine, drew many tired souls to its doors, like a siren's song, but the food and company kept them there.

When the café first popped up, people doubted whether it would stay in business long, Gotham wasn't the best place to open a small business. People figured that if it wasn't destroyed by the city's villains, then it would fail from the lack of customers and high taxes. But that was before anyone met Matt Murdock.

Matt Murdock was both charismatic and strong-willed. The prospect of running a café in Gotham did not intimidate him. Even though blind and at a physical disadvantage, he could scare anyone into listening to him, in the way old ladies can be the scariest thing on earth. Not even Joker dared to act up in his presence.

What really made Murdock's Mochas special and separated it from the few other small businesses that had managed to survive was its large appeal to the heroes and villains of the city.

It all started when Nightwing brought an emotional Robin in one night. Their patrol together had quite badly and Robin had been going through a period of self doubt and blame at the time. Being the good big brother that he was, Nightwing decided that it would best if he brought Robin somewhere where he could cool off and talk it out. It was by chance that he discovered Murdock's Mochas, although the chances were probably improved by the café's positive appearance and emptiness.
______
Dick internally groaned, Damian was being his usual emotionally stunted self and it was a total pain. They had been breaking up a bank robbery, simple stuff, and Damian had made a simple mistake. All he'd done was not notice a guy standing behind him, but the guy wasn't a even a big threat, he was as high as a cloud. It really wasn't an issue, but to Damian it was the straw that broke the camel's back. He had been going through some self worth issues, basic puberty, and this latest slip up was really bringing him down. Now, Dick prided himself on being the best big brother there ever was so he wasn't going to let that stand

"C'mon just sit down, I'm gonna get us some treats," Dick said, patting Damian on the shoulder. They'd been walking the rooftops of Gotham when he'd noticed a brightly lighted building. Its sign said in big friendly letters 'Murdock's Mochas', a café was just what Damian needed, Dick realized. After checking that it was free of customers, Dick pulled, dragged Damian to the establishment.

"I am not a child needing to be babied," growled Damian, crossing his arms in an ironically childish pout.

"Okay, I'm still hungry. Want anything specific?"

"No."

"Alright, suit yourself."

Dick walked over the café's counter where he was faced with a tall, brunette man who was wearing sunglasses. As wisely said by Dean Winchester, "You know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people. And douchebags." Judging by the cane in the man's hand, he was the former.

"Hello, sir. I would like to order something for my little brother, what would you recommend?" Dick asked.

The man turned towards Dick's general direction and gave a charming smile,"Oh, sorry I didn't notice you earlier. I need to replace the bells on the door. Does your brother have a sweet tooth?"

"Yes, he does." In the background Damian made an offended sound.

"I have your basic tarts, scones, chocolate croissants, and cookies. I also have a new selection of European specialty deserts. I decided to make them this week for a visiting friend. You know, give them a taste of home. Would your brother like something like that?"