𝘰𝘯𝘦.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
SOLACE
ONE— TIME AFTER TIME

     One moment the Saltzman twins were in their bedroom at the boarding school, snuggling with their friend Hope Mikaelson in Lizzie's bed in a "cry pile"

One moment the Saltzman twins were in their bedroom at the boarding school, snuggling with their friend Hope Mikaelson in Lizzie's bed in a "cry pile". Everything had been simple after such a long, complex day for all three of them, now being nighttime as they comforted each other.

The next moment, however, they were in the Mystic Falls town square and it was daytime. The two girls, luckily in their uniforms still instead of their pajamas, looked around in confusion, dumbfounded as people went about their day without reacting at all to the two girls who appeared out of nowhere.

"What the actual fu--" Lizzie started, stopping when she saw that there was magically a familiar backpack right in front of them on the ground. "Josie, is that the backpack you put the clock in? You know, when we sent it to a prison world!" Lizzie's voice conveyed the panic she was feeling internally.

Josie, feeling the same amount of anxiety and confusion, kneeled down and unzipped the backup. As soon as she saw a glimpse of the sand clock, she immediately zipped it back up and held the backpack to her chest, glancing back at her twin sister with a look that Lizzie called her "resting concerned pouty face", fear clearly portrayed in them as well.

"This isn't the prison world, there are actual people here" Josie stated, recalling her research on the prison worlds along with what their aunt Bonnie was able to tell them. "But things look slightly different..." Lizzie trailed off, noticing the pieces of the town that hadn't looked that way since they were little girls. After the whole 'Katherine Pierce almost bringing hellfire to consume the town' thing on their mom's wedding day, a lot of things were changed around town either from damage or just a sense of change for the town.

"Okay, we need to stay calm. Take some deep breaths and ignore the outside world" Lizzie tried to be the grown-up of the situation, recalling the techniques her therapist gave her one of the first sessions she had.

Josie realized that a few people were starting to stare at them and their spontaneous freakout. She quickly swung the backpack onto her shoulders and back before she grabbed Lizzie's arm and the two quickly moved towards the Mystic Grill to stand in the back alley away from prying eyes.

"Something obviously went wrong with the spell, I just don't know what" Josie paced back-and-forth in a small space as she tried to think of what they could've messed up to send them to wherever they were. A parallel world perhaps?

"Nothing went wrong. We did exactly what aunt Bonnie instructed us to do over the phone, just like we did when we were five" Lizzie retorted confidently, not believing for a second that they were at fault for whatever went wrong.

"Is this the next new monster? Something that can create an alternate universe?" Josie suggested, this being the only thing she could think of at that moment.

"Like the labyrinth, Hope and I were stuck in..." Josie looked at her sister puzzled. "What labyrinth? You said that you and Hope defeated a minotaur..." Lizzie's eyes widened as she realized that she didn't give anyone the real version of the story after everyone remembered Hope again.

"Uh...long story, tell you after we figure out what's going on!" Lizzie avoided the conflict she had almost started, focusing on the weird parallel universe they were thrown in.

Josie noticed a newspaper left on one of the empty tables at the grill. She quickly went over and grabbed the newspaper before going straight back to her sister. "Oh no," Josie muttered when she saw the date on the daily newspaper.

"Why are you saying 'oh no'?" Lizzie inquired. "It's March 2010" Josie read before facing the newspaper towards her twin with the date facing towards the blonde. "That's impossible" She scoffed, taking the newspaper in her own hands and rereading what was written on it.

Lizzie noticed one of the headline articles being about a break-in at the Gilbert household a few weeks prior where John Gilbert was attacked and had his fingers cut off, still no suspect. "Who the hell is John Gilbert?" Lizzie looked over at her sister for answers, knowing that Josie was a lot more aware of the town's history than her.

"John Gilbert, aunt Elena's biological dad. In Stefan Salvatore's journal, he wrote that Katherine Pierce showed up and pretended to be our aunt and attacked John" Josie had been more interested in reading Stefan Salvatore's journals also compared to Lizzie who'd rather not hear about the bad stuff that their uncle Stefan(and step-father for a day) had done and keep her good memories intact.

"Josie, please tell me you have an explanation for this" Lizzie begged, freaking out as all the theories of what was happening flooded through her mind. "Lizzie, I think we've been sent to the past" Lizzie's eyes widened.

"That's not the explanation that I was looking for!"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"It's Alyssa's fault, we shouldn't have trusted that witch or let her go near the ascendant at all" Lizzie hissed out, ready to ruin the girl's life once they got back to their time period.

"This is all my fault. If I hadn't done black magic in the first place we would've never been in this mess. I'm sorry for dragging us into this" Josie apologized, feeling an immense amount of guilt for forcing her twin sister into this.

"Josie, I know I haven't been the best sister to you, but I'm here for you and I want to help you. We're in this to the bitter end" Lizzie swore, putting her pinky in the air. Josie grinned and linked her pinky with her blonde twins and shook in agreement.

"Till the bitter end," She agreed. The girls knew that, no matter what was going to happen, they had each other, even if everything went to shit. They didn't hear footsteps coming towards where they were hiding until they had gotten too close.

The Saltzman twins turned around to see a very familiar person walking towards them, fear and comfort in an odd way(due to the familiarity) surged through their veins.

"Who the hell are you?"