𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫

──────

( 𝐑𝐔𝐁𝐘 ! )

──────

MARY SUE !

So in my time of reading awae books (or fanfics in general) there's always that one author who doesn't give their oc a single flaw. They speak perfectly, their absolutely beautiful, they have amazing friends, he or her is kind to anyone and everyone and never holds a grudge on someone and what not. But if you're an actual living breathing person than you know that everyone has flaws. So ya just keep on reading if you want to know how to not make your character a Mary Sue.

Let's start off with your characters personality. Instead of making them a sickeningly sweet oc give them some pizzazz like making them a little mean. It doesn't matter if they're a full on brat at the beginning because that's what character development is for (to shape your Oc into a better person throughout the course of the story.) I would love to see a girl/boy who thinks Anne was really weird at the beginning like the rest of the kids. Since most of them thought she was unusual and didn't want to be around her.

Ooh! Or maybe they're rude to Anne like Josie and Billy. Or they aren't and they are kind but their parents told them Anne was bad news so they stay away.

Then there's grudges I know all of you reading this have held a grudge against someone in your life, Or loose your temper and snap at someone. I know I've done it multiple times. So make your Oc snap at their parents, their friends, even the love interest! (If you want one of course.)

I hate it when a character just forgives someone after they've done some shitty thing to ruin their feelings. Like 'Oh no I forgive you best friend! EvEn ThOu U  jUsT tOlD tHe WhOlE tOwN aBoUt mY rAgInG cRuSh On ____ I sTilL fOrGiVe u BfF!!!!!!!!!!! bEsTiEs FoR lIfE!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Okay, okay, okay I might have gone a little over board but imagine yourself in your Oc's shoes. If your best friend someone you thought you could trust that just told everyone your deepest darkest secret. Wouldn't you be mad and hold a grudge against them? (I hope you all said yes.) So don't let your Oc act as if they weren't just embarrassed in front of the whole school and up and at fOrGiVe the trouble maker!

Now do you get what I'm saying?

Just don't make your character act as if they aren't a real person without real feelings, Easy.

──────

( BY ANNA -BEVVMARSH ! )