Licensed to Thrill

LICENSED TO THRILL

a Diane Capri Sampler

By

DIANE CAPRI

Presented By:

AugustBooks

Dear Friends,

Welcome to Licensed to Thrill: A Diane Capri Sampler, a bonus book of special extras from me for you. Our team has selected each item with one goal in mind. We want you to enjoy reading Licensed to Thrill as much as we enjoyed creating it for you. But I’m telling you right up front that gifting you this volume is a plot. Not only are we giving you some great stuff here, we’re hoping these samples will entice you to read more of my books in the same way chocolate candy stores ply you with tasty morsels at the mall and wineries waft open glasses under your nose. Fiendishly clever, isn’t it? Exactly.

You know I’m a recovering lawyer, right? Which means I’m a little skeptical about things and you might be, too. So if you’re new to my books, I thought you might like to discover for yourself why Margaret Maron, the Edgar, Anthony, Agatha and Macavity Award-winning Mystery Writers of America Past President, says: "Diane’s expertise shines on every page." And Library Journal raved "...tense legal drama with courtroom overtones, twisty plots, and loads of atmosphere. Recommended."

We start with a gift copy of Fatal Enemy, featuring the new heroine I really love—Jess Kimball. She’s a fiery woman, driven by her own past to fight for crime victims the justice system failed. Jess reminds me of Jack Reacher, only female, smaller, and nicer. Like Reacher, Jess is alone in the world wherever she goes. But unlike Reacher, Jess is on a mission only she believes in, only she can complete. You’ll find out what happened to Jess in Fatal Enemy and you’ll see exactly what I mean. In Jess’s shoes, could I do what she’s done? Could you?

I hope you’ll love Jess Kimball as much as I do because her story continues in my bestseller, Fatal Distraction. We’ve included the opening chapters here for you to sample. When Fatal Distraction opened on Amazon as the #3 Bestselling Legal Thriller, only behind John Grisham, you can’t imagine how thrilled I was! (Why? Hang on a moment—I’m getting to that.)

But first, speaking of Jack Reacher, Licensed to Thrill also includes opening chapters from my runaway bestseller, Don’t Know Jack. The success of Don’t Know Jack has been especially exciting for us because publishing Don’t Know Jack was a big risk. We had no idea whether readers would love the concept and the stories or not. Jack Reacher is a beloved man in many reading circles, as you may know. His fans are exceptionally protective. No one loves Jack Reacher more than I do. So when we published Don’t Know Jack, I knew I was sticking my head in the mouth of the lion, to be sure. I had my passport ready in case I needed to flee the country ahead of the lynch mob! (Sure, I’m joking—but not a lot!)

But we knew we had a good concept, a good story, characters I loved (and some I loved to hate!). I hope you’ll see right away why #1 worldwide publishing phenomenon Lee Child calls my work, "Full of thrills and tension, but smart and human, too." And why Lee gave the series an enthusiastic two thumbs up when he said, “Kim Otto is a great, great character. I love her!”