❅️1❅️

"Tanaka-san?"

"He's gonna marry Kiyoko-san next year. Nah." Nishinoya shook his head in disapproval.

"Hm... Yaku-san?"

"Oh? The zookeeper? Yeah... He's kinda cute, but I don't know.." Nishinoya hummed long, thinking about the cute brown haired zookeeper he met a while ago.

"Oh!" Hinata pounded his fist on his palm.

"Asahi-san seems like a nice person, how about him?" Hinata suggested. Nishinoya's brows met as he looked at Hinata like he was crazy. He bursted out laughing, laughing so hard that it led to tears. Hinata flinched, and thought back about what he said. Was it wrong? What's funny? Hinata couldn't understand what it was that Nishinoya found funny about what he said but he couldn't.

"That's funny." Nishinoya wiped a tear. "Asahi and I are just friends! Besides, he's totally not my type."

Asahi could feel two arrows struck his heart when he was attacked twice. Friendzoned and not being his type. Such pain, such agony. Asahi just smiled through the pain, picking up his cup of coffee and drinking the pain away. Sugawara looked at him with an apologetic look, sending him a comforting smile. Asahi just smiled back to tell Sugawara he was fine when he's not really fine. It's not that Nishinoya didn't know Asahi was there, he was the first to welcome him when he walked through that door. It's that Nishinoya thought Asahi would take it as nothing.

"Eh? You have a type?" Kageyama questioned in disbelief. He wiped his hands clean after washing the cups that Hinata brought back from a table. He had overheard the two waiters discussing about who Nishinoya could date. After the Hinata harem incident, Nishinoya suddenly felt like it was time he find someone as well. Options are nice, but he didn't think Asahi was even an option.

"Why of course I do! What do you take me for?" Nishinoya replied with his usual confident tone. He raised a brow, staring at a now uncertain Kageyama.

"Well... I just... never took you as one that would have a type. You're so carefree, I thought you'd take whatever you can?" Kageyama reasoned. He was unsure of his words himself, you can know by listening to the tone of his voice and his actions. Avoiding Nishinoya's eyes and fidgeting with his fingers. Kageyama was actually pretty scared of what Nishinoya would say next when he voiced his honest words are out.

"Woah, do I look that carefree? Hahah! Unlike what you think, I actually mind of who I'm dating. After my previous relationships, I have made up my mind on a type of partner I wish for." Nishinoya explained. Kageyama nodded and apologized for thinking of him so lowly to which Nishinoya smiled and forgave. Kageyama promised to never do that again.

Asahi just listened to their conversation and picked up information from it. He now knew that Nishinoya has had relationships before. But he wouldn't blame Kageyama for thinking like that. He himself thinks that too. He even thought Nishinoya has been single all his life and that no one would ask him out. He was even worse than Kageyama and he mentally noted that he should change his behaviour.

"Then, what's your type, Noya-san?" Hinata asked. This was a question everyone had in their head at the moment. After knowing that Nishinoya has a type, everyone was dying to pry into his list. Asahi acted like he didn't care even though he was excited to hear what Nishinoya's type in a partner is. Since he wasn't his type, maybe he could help Nishinoya find someone. It would hurt, but it would be pleasant to see the person he loved be happy. A small price to pay for a big reward.

Nishinoya looked around and smiled widely. Hinata and Kageyama leaned in to listen. They excitedly waited as Asahi was anxious.

"I don't really care if my partner is a woman or man, I prefer someone who can keep up with my craziness, someone who thinks logically but at the same time can be dumb with me, someone romantic, sweet and caring. Understanding! That's one thing that my previous partners lack. They never understand me, my problems and we end up arguing all the time." Nishinoya sighed, crossing his arms. He pouted, memories of his previous three partners coming back like a flood, causing him have a mild headache. He shook his head and smiled. "Yeah! So that's what I want in a partner."