At Last

Disire of twisted fate, that is my name. I was a good friend with the Didact, Shadow of Sundering star. That was his name, I was a war servent and he shared a lot of his projects with me, one of which was The Sins.
   One day The Didact took me to a planet that was mostly ocean and frozen tundra. It had some little tropical islands along it equator. My own scans picked up very small forerunner installations. "This is the main planet for this operation." The Didact said. "Once we have everything settled we will move everything here." As he finished the sentence a console appeared and he clicked a few icons. "We want a back up plan for when all of this fails, someone to uphold the mantle." The portal opened in front of us, it was a different design than normal. The portal frame was very slender and seemed to make a very transparent portal.
      We walked into it and I could instantly tell that we moved to a different planet.
      "We are on the shield world of Requeim." My suits insila said.
      "We are on Requeim?" I asked
      "Yes, this is were I'm going to store them till they are ready." The Didact said. "This way, they are deep into the world."
"Who is THEM?"
"You will know in time" He simply said.
      As we walked I saw many new things that weren't here before. New corridors, new rooms, and new bio tech.We aproched another console and when the door opened I saw Them. They looked like augmented War servents. They were taller and look kinda like.....like precursors.
      "What? Those are precursors, what are you doing with precursors?" I said as we approached.
      "They aren't precursors, at least they aren't fully precursors." Replyed The Didact. "These War Servants were going to die on crimes to the mantle. They volentered to be turned into these creatures."
      When I got a closer look I saw that they were pitch black, and had difrent colored markings on each one of them. One red, one purple, one green, one dark blue, one light blue, one yellow, and one orange.
      "They are going to be awakened soon. They helped us developed a type of new domain that is more mechanical instead of biological. It is being run on a planet genesis. The one we were at was the main access point."
      I was run through the proper evacuation procedures just in case they go rouge. Which was why they were on Requeim, the most powerful military facility in the Forerunner empire. It was supposed to be one ofbthe many sheild worlds to stop the flood a parasitic daisies that the precursors turned into the wipe out all life. But obviousely The Didact had ither planes for his sheild world.
      The Didact's plan when something like this. He modified them in a way that they should have bonded with their new forms. He chose these one because they truly seemed sorry for their crimes. But even good people can become corrupt with power, he wanted their memories gone.
      Their past trials have gone horrible, they had actually made an improved version of the flood on accident once and had to bomb the planet. That's were I come in, I have worked in the Prison worlds with many inmates and worked on turning them into soldiers. He wanted me to make friends with them, keep them under control in a way. That was my job, tell them to kill the experiments if they get to roughly.
      A couple weeks later it was time for them to awaken. He was nervous, how could he not be. They were part precursor after all. He arrived just in time for the show to begin.
      "They are waking up" reported the facility AI.
      "Ok, everyone to your positions!" Commanded The Didact.
      The one with the red markings twitched, and then opened his eyes.
    The Creature looked around and seemed to stare at everything in the room. Then It looked at me and the Didact.
      "Do you remember who you are?" Asked the Didact.
"No, but we remember our purpose. " He said.
      "We?" Asked the Didact.
      "We have a strange connection to each other via this......strange power you have given us."
      "I can remember everything except what it was like to live. I can talk, but I don't remember who taught me, my parents, me."
      The Didact leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. "Good, this means we might be able to control them."
      I nodded my head and prepared my self for my speech as the others starred to awake. "Welcome everyone, we are very glad you all survived the procedure. We will give you sometime to catch your bearings. Welcome to you new life."
      We spent the next few weeks training them, and figuring out their potential. We came up with names for each Creature.
      The red one is Wrath for how angry he can get, and calm down others. The purple one is Pride for the pride he has, or lack there of. The Yellow one is Greed for reason that don't really need explaining. We gave the name of Sloth to the bright blue one for not really doing anything but keeping records of everything. The dark blue creature earned the name of lust for not only being the only female if but also on multiple attempt to saduce many staff members. The green one is envy for wanting everything he sees. And gluttony for the orange one for being not only the hungryest one to consume.
     I grew attached to these......Sins. They were good people and had good intentions. But I was soon faced with what happens when they use their gifts.
     "Ah, Disire!" Said the Didact when I aproched him. I have earned a nickname with my time with the Sins. It was a word from my name. "I need to talk to you, it's about the Sins."
     We walked to a small room with a holographic image if a Sin.
      "We have tried to make sins in the past, they never lived beyond 2 hours. This time we used the body's of precursors and some of their tech to make them. But they too will deteriorate into dust."
      As he spoke the holograph changed showing me their bio signs, and a timer counting down.
      "When they were about 5 minutes away from death they turned insane, using their power to kill everyone. It took us along time but we have finnaly found out when they were going to deviate." He took along pause. "But we have a theory, these might not do that. They are difrent, but the body will deteriorate inturn killing them."
      I stood there, stunned by the news. The Didact never really showed empathy or was never really affected by any emotions at all.
     "How much time do they got?" I asked.
     "They have about 2 hours left, we were luck that we found this out at all. The sample we got was very flawed."
     "I must go tell them!"
     "No!" He commanded. "They must not know till they are already disabled, that's what makes them....deviate. And yes, that's an order. I am going to go to court about what I have done, don't expect me to come back.
     "Yes, sir" I said and walked away.
     I found all of the Sins in a field of grass, just standing there. As I aproched they turned to look at me.
      "We know" Said Pride. Which shocked me.
     "We have felt ourselves decomposing every time we consumed some one, and we accept." As he finished Five of the Seven Sins dropped to the ground. Only Wrath and Pride stood.
      "Desire, we ask you one last request." Said Wrath
      "Yes, anything." I said
      "When we are nothing but dust, take us and make use into something beautiful, make use into a new body. One that won't deteriorate, one that can hold our power till there is nothing left in the universe but dust. Make sure that the next Sins are worthy."
      As he finished he and Pride dropped and turned into a pile of dust.