You called me Dad.

New York Sanctum
Earth 001
A few moments later..

Gwen Stumbles through the ragged streets of New York

Gwen Stumbles through the ragged streets of New York. Holding her stomach, crimson Liquid Seeps through her fingers as she gains Strange looks from the people around her probably thinking 'messed up teen.' Or 'she was probably part of a drug deal that went South.' She could practically hear their thoughts as their eyes burned holes into her head. Her vision fades in and out as she limps across the sidewalk,desperately trying to find a place to close her eyes. Her mind falls at ease when she sees the doors to the great Sanctum. "Comon Strange.." she thinks as she bangs on the doors. She pushes with all the strength she has left and feels she is about to fall short but suddenly the the big doors open and she limps inside.

Doctor strange Comes down the stairs with a distraught look on his face
"What the hell?" He shouts,frantically making his way to the girl.
"DAD..! Help..."  were the last words Gwen could mutter before falling to the floor, unconscious.

• Six Hours Later •

Strange sits on an old oak chair at the foot of the girls bed,his leg bouncing up and down as all the possibilities ran through his mind. Gwen now lies with Bandages wrapped around her torso and another on her head,aiding her wounds.

A small groan escapes her lips and Stephan's head shoots up. She shakes her head In attempt to wake herself up. "Ugh it feels like I was hit by a truck." She Says holding her head with one hand and using the other to support her body as she sat up. Strange quickly stands up and comes to her side "for all I know you could've been.." he Utters under his breath. "Where the hell have you been Gwendolyn? I've been worried sick about you-" Stephan starts,pacing up and down at the side of the bed. "At first I thought you were on a school field trip but then Then I saw The peter boy, so I assumed you were with him or with your friend Ned. I checked with them and they told me you weren't so I assumed you were with Fury-" Gwen felt overwhelmed by her guardian and decided to reassure him. "Strange.." She Says In a calm tone,stopping him mid sentence. He looks at her concerned. "I'm okay.." his features relax as he comes to sit on her bed. "Plus cant you just do that weird Jedi Mind trick thing and just see where I was." She says readjusting herself.
He looks at her "I can only do that when your awake and I have your consent." He says nonchalantly. Gwen's Mouth forms an 'O' shape in realization.

The two share a moment of Comfortable silence before The older speaks up
"You know, when you came stumbling in here,you called me dad." He says looking at the floor boards.
Gwen looks up in Embarrassment. "Oh- um.. sorry?"
She says, lifting her shoulders awkwardly. "I've never had a child Gwen. And I've been thinking lately.. would you like- but only if you want to."
He started. Gwen's eyes light up with wonder, something she had not felt in a long time. Childish wonder, matching the exciting curiosity of a child wanting to know what he got for Christmas. It was one of the most wonderful feelings.. no pun intended. Gwen stared at the older man as he tried to find the right words. Smalls scars littered his face and his hands were slightly shaky. "I wanna adopt you.." he comes out with it. Gwen freezes as a singular tear Falls down her porcelain-like cheeks. "Gwen?" Strange's expression quickly fades to one of worry, unlike the previous one of hope. Gwen grabs onto the doctor and gives him biggest bear hug her little body could Produce at its state. "... I take that as a yes?" He laughs breathlessly into her hair. "Yes." She Cries In a whisper. He grips onto her and closes his eyes as tears now too run down his cheeks.

After a few minutes,Strange pulls away and wipes his  tears with a finger?followed by a sniff. "I should probably go make dinner." He laughs. A small Giggle passes Gwen's lips as she brushes away her own tears. The bed Dips as the man's weight leaves. "Get some rest okay?" He says patting her head. Gwen sighs and pulls the cover over the upper body. Before Strange could make his way out the room, the girl quickly latches onto his wrist. He looks back with a small 'hm?' Gwen looks at him with soft eyes
"Thanks..."

"Dad..."

—————————————————————————

*general kenobi voice*Hello there! Sorry this ones a little shorter 😖 but I feel like the sentiment rly needed it

Hello there!
Sorry this ones a little shorter 😖 but I feel like the sentiment rly needed it.🥺
Also sorry updates are so slow 🐢 it's been hectic nuggies this side, anyway I hope everyone is staying safe during lockdown and I send my prayers.

Let me know what you think of the book so far in the comments!
BYEEEEEEEE
~jinx 🃏