one

soulmates. truly a wonderful thing.
how wonderful it is to know that there's always another soul out there, waiting. another living soul... wavering... and waiting...

-

Semi Eita is special. he can see things normal people can't — the red string of fate — as they say. a special talent inherited from his ancestors. Eita didn't think of it as a talent though. It was a nightmare.
seeing red things and strings all around him horrified him. yes, he's a twenty four year old man, who'd finished high school and is now an aspiring and successful musician. has his own band, he says.
but if one thing — anything — haunted him, it would be the red strings of fate and his past high school lover. Shirabu Kenjirou.

Eita tries his best to ignore the red strings, as much as possible.
He gets panic attacks nowadays... his best friends — Satori and Wakatoshi — would know that. and they're very much the most supportive friends you'll ever meet. especially when eita and kenjirou broke up. we don't speak about it, but eita locked himself in his room for days.

now he'd forgotten about it — maybe... — he'd been going out more, avoiding the red strings as usual.
he didn't want anything to do with love, or soulmates... especially the red string. since that was what
broke him and kenjirou apart.

eita and kenjirou's past relationship was basically the dream relationship you'd ever want.
with kenjirou being a busy pre-med student and eita a aspiring musician. kenjirou did not know about the red strings at the time.

-

it was a saturday evening, may, 2017. eita and kenjirou were 6 months deep into their relationship.
Saturday evening, may 5th. The beginning of the end.

Eita and Kenjirou were on a date, the usual. Theme parks, ice cream, cafes, bonding... anything you would imagine a couple would do. The two adults were cuddling in a corner, in a cafe, until it started to go downhill from there.

"Eita?" the younger man reached out. "Eiiiitaaaa~"
Breaking away from this thoughts, he sat up.
"A..Ah! sorry Kenji... i was... thinking..."
"thinking? about what?"
Eita hesitated.
"nothing much... just... how much i love you!" He ended it with a cheeky smile pinching the younger man's cheek.
Sorry Kenjirou... but i can't tell you...
He sat back down again.

There was an awkward silence.

Kenjirou broke then the silence by quickly sitting up on the chair, taking a quick sip of his coffee he said "Hey Eita... we've been dating for over 6 months now, and i've been wondering this for quite a while..."
Eita sat up. oh no. is it what i think it is?
"yeah babe?"
"are you... perhaps hiding something from me?" Kenjirou blushed. "i-it's fine! you don't have to tell me right now! ...i can wait." He let out a smile, a tired one.
Then that just gave Eita the worst idea ever. his mind was screaming tell him about it! and don't tell him about it!'s.

Eita took a long silence between the two. Then suddenly he had decided.

He was going to tell him.

[aha hi!!! sorry for the little cliffhanger hehe! but i promise, i'll try to quickly write out the next chapter and post it soon~ so bare with me (lol)

-F]