Chapter 16

**Noah**

I woke up and there was a massive crater in front of me and the roof was blown away. I froze and my heart suddenly felt ice cold because I thought Ares did this. I frantically looked around, half expecting another spear but this time impaling me. I was awaiting my death but I didn't see anyone or anything. I went outside to get a better view of what happened, "Did I do this?" I thought. Did I suddenly manifest some new powers? I felt really strong and heroic. Then as I reached outside, I saw a steaming volcano. "Ah..." I muttered lamely feeling really dumb.

I drew my sword and dashed towards the volcano. My hand was trembling from my fear. Where did the volcano come from? How did the explosion hit the house? Why in Hades did I decide to leave the ship? Thoughts kept flowing into my mind until I reached the volcano. I heard voices coming the inside. Someone was crying. Someone was shouting. It sounded like a hostage situation. I prepared myself for the worst. "Be the hero Noah, do it for Annabeth. If you do this, you'll be a better hero than that Percy Jackson everyone is still talking about." I said to my self.

"Forrr my mamaaa!!!" I screamed as I ran in while peeing myself at the same time.

**Percy**

The moment I heard Annabeth say Noah's name, I smiled devilishly and tripped him with a vine. He fell to the ground with a satisfying thump. As he took his time to get back to his feet, I decided to play a little prank on him.

I thought back to the time when I was with Carter, I was learning how to transform. "Close your eyes and focus. Think of any animal or creature that suits you and your powers. I chose the falcon because, duh, Horus. You get only one chance at this so think carefully." Carter explained. My mind flashed back to the sea of monsters where I saw a sea serpent and when I saw another one at the canoe lake at camp half-blood. I focused on it, its powerful body, its ability to move extremely swiftly in the water, its ferocious bite, its ability to entangle and even kill people with its body. I felt dizzy as I felt my body changing. I felt longer, lighter and cold.

"Woah! What is that? A dragon without legs?" Carter asked in awe.

"It's a sea serpent, its a strong creature and moves fast in the water. It's one of the stronger creatures in the sea." I replied.

"An interesting choice, normally people pick between either mobility or strength. But your's has both." Carter said.

As I remember how to transform, it felt back in my grasp again and I closed my eyes and transformed fluidly. I put my face directly in front of Noah's. His reaction was priceless.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MUMMMMMM HELPPPP MEEEEEEE!!!!" Noah screamed and he tried to run away but fell yet again.

Laughter broke out all over the place. The girls gave me a cold stare except for Calypso. At least she has a sense of humour. She looked really happy when she laughed. It was one of the good memories I held onto when I was betrayed. Ok back to the screaming coward.

I changed back into my human form and helped Noah back to his feet.

"Well well well, look who we have here. Looks like we have a stowaway, guys." Leo chuckled.

"Shut-t-t  up-p-p  L-e-eo," Noah managed as he was still shivering in fear.

"So what do we with him?" Piper asked.

"I suggest we leave him here," Frank muttered coldly.

"I second that," Leo added.

"Agreed," Nico said.

"GUYSS!? How could you guys be so cold? Let's just bring him along." Annabeth replied.

"Awwwwww, thanks Annie," Noah said while blushing.

"Shut up you coward, any more from you and I'll let the guys do whatever they want with you," Annabeth said furiously.

"Ok enough about that guy, let's get back to the game plan." I interrupted.

"Ok, so the prophecy says we have to reforge the sword, where and how?" Piper asked. 

"Hmm, I'm not really sure. Maybe the cyclops' forge located underwater?" I proposed.

"No, we need to reforge the sword to make it able to even kill the gods. None of the metals at the forge can do that. I don't even think they would like us to make something like that." Leo replied.

"What about one of Hephaestus' forges?" Noah suggested.

"Lol, you would think if the Gods had that kind of power, they would use it?" Leo said while shaking his head."

"The metal we need is called Aether. The only known source of it is from a specific type of shooting star that passes by the Earth once every million years. So yea, we ain't gonna be lucky enough for one to pass by now. I remember someone managed to obtain some of it by sending an automaton into space." Leo explained.

"Daedalus!!! It was Daedalus! I remember having seen something about Project Godslayer in his laptop. The word Aether was somewhere in there. But it was in his restricted folder. Projects he swore he would never finish." Annabeth said excitedly.

"Wait, does it mean.. NOOOOOOOO" I shouted in despair.

"If Percy is scared, I'm out."

"Oh no you're not, you are gonna follow us into Daedalus' workshop." Piper replied.

"Oh it's just a workshop, I hope it isn't far." Noah sighed in relief.

"Don't worry, it isn't. It's just in the depths of the Labyrinth." I said with a cheeky wink.