Chapter 2: YEJI

YEJI

The weather is very nice so Lia and I decided to go out and have a little walk. The sun is not too harsh, it's just perfectly kissing our skin warmly.

Lia's happily looking at the beautiful flowers and I happily watch her do that. Her smile is so priceless, I want to be able to see those precious bright smile forever if I could. She easily gets happy over simple things and that's one of the things I love about her.

She turned around to look me and it seemed like those movie scenes where everything goes slow-motion " let's go to the bridge! " she excitedly said and immediately drag me towards where she wanted to go. I didn't argue, I have no intention of saying no. I would always say yes to her.

We run towards the bridge, we're now pretty far away from the house. She lets go of my hand and happily spun around, giggles a bit as her dress lifts up a bit as she does that— she looks ethereal.

" be careful " I reminded her as I walk slowly, following her skips.

I'm happy that Lia looks happy today, she's really in a good mood which puts me in a good mood as well. I would always prefer this kind of aura on Lia than her sad and pained one. Pain doesn't suit Lia, she's made to be happy and I hate the fact that a tragedy has tainted that.

There were kids underneath the bridge, blowing bubbles in the air and that makes Lia even more excited. Her eyes forming into a crescent-like moon and her perfectly pearl white teeth are showing as she smiles widely. It made me smile as well.

I could watch Lia forever without getting tired of it. If I could choose something that I have to do for the rest of my life, it would be looking at this happy looking Lia. I would trade everything I have for this sight of smiling Lia, her smile is more expensive than anything in this world for me.

As I watch her play around, I notice white halos starting to form around the light of the sun, and slowly, my vision began to get foggy. I stopped from following Lia and immediately hold on to the railing of the bridge, turning my back away from Lia.

I softly grunt as I feel my eyes severely throbbing, I gripped even harder on the railing as the fear slowly builds inside me. I tried to blink my eyes, fast and strong, hoping that it would shoo away the feeling.

" Yeji-ah! " I hear Lia shout my name. With my still blurry vision, I turned back to her with a smile on my lips, trying to hide what's going on with me " Yeji-ah! "

I tried to go over where her voice is coming, if I couldn't use my eyes properly right now then I have to use my ears to come where she is. I slowly take steps towards where her voice is coming from, my hands were shaking but I still tried to look normal.

" Yeji-ah! " on her third shout, I started to feel anxious and scared. I can't get where she is, I feel lost. If this continues, I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to find my way towards her when she calls my name. I'm afraid to get lost.