Chapter 25

"We should have dinner with our fathers soon, tell them the good news,"

I didn't respond or even look at Francis as he drove us back to his house. We've been back from the honeymoon for over 3 days. We had fun, but after the doctor's appointment, everything was ruined.

I had hoped it was Wrennly's selfishly. I know it would be much safer if it belonged to Francis, but I didn't want my child to turn into a monster just because of his DNA.

"I don't want to see my father," I murmured out. Francis slowed down at the red light and looked at me.

"I don't care, Beverly, they need to know so we can get the news out as soon as possible. I'll call my father later on tonight and see when he is available. I want you to do the same with your father," Francis scolded.

I looked toward my window and rolled my eyes, but Francis could clearly see as he quickly grabbed my face and pulled it up to his, "Don't, we may be alone and I'm pissed off already and I don't need you acting like a child."

Francis pushed my back up against the car door and started to the car up again as the light had just turned green.

A small tear came down my face and I quickly wiped it away, not letting Francis see my weakness.

I've been like this for the past few weeks, ever since I found out I was pregnant. I've been much more emotional then I've ever been in my entire life. I'm so used to boxing my feelings up and never telling anyone, expect Wrennly.

I haven't spoken to him in weeks, not since the wedding. He hasn't called or texted, but I have. No response, only leaving me on read, all of my 10 calls and 20 text messages.

I stopped trying after about a week of finding out the baby wasn't his. I even texted him it, I actually figured that was the reason for him not wanting to speak to me. I wasn't sure if he wanted the baby to be his or not, or if he was mad at me for letting Francis get me pregnant in the first place.

Days soon passed and it was soon Friday and both of our fathers were coming for dinner. The chef had already prepared the food and we were now awaiting my father's return.

"Well, I can't wait to hear the news you have for us," Francis's father stated as he took another sip of his expensive whiskey that he brought as a gift, but clearly only intended on drinking himself.

"My father will be here soon, my apologies for his tardiness. He's never been well at being on time." I chimed in.

Francis looked at me and handed me a glass of nonalcoholic champagne that he had gotten bottles of for me whenever some company was over.

"It's called being fashionably late my dear," a voice added behind me.

I turned around slightly to see my father handing the maid his coat. He walked toward me and kissed my cheek, only acting nice because I am not Francis's. He had no right to yell or hit me.

"Nice to see you father, and sometimes late can be a bad thing," I fired back but nicely.

My father quickly looked at me with fire in his eyes, and he wasn't used to me saying that stuff, not since all of this has happened.

"Now, now, let's go and eat before dinner gets cold. We can discuss the good news," Francis butted in as he helped me up from the couch.

Luckily neither of them noticed his gesture and we all headed into the dining room and all took our seats.

Before the food even entered the room, I could smell the fish. The smell made my nose cringe and I had the urge to vomit. I looked toward Francis who was speaking with his father. I wanted to scream to him to not let those chefs bring in the food, or I might throw up onto the table without warning.

I put my hand on my stomach, trying to tell my unborn child to not let me throw up.

I used to quite enjoy seafood, but now I can't stand the smell and taste or either seafood or anything close to something raw.

"So, are we going to discuss why you brought us here?" my father asked no one in particular.

Francis looked at me and could sense something was instantly wrong, "Beverly, sweetheart, are you okay?" he wondered.

"I don't feel so well Francis, I can smell the fish," I said.

Francis looked at me and nodded. He stood up from his seat, excusing himself from the dinner table and making his way into the kitchen.

"Are you allergic to fish?"

I shook my head, "I just can't stand the smell of it right now, it makes me nauseous," I explained.

My father looked at me curiously. He knew I used to love fish and was probably wondering why in the hell I was acting this way. "Does this issue have anything to do with what the announcement is?" my father questioned.

I nodded being truthful.

"Sorry about that love," Francis apologized as he entered the dining room.

Francis took a seat back to where he was previously sitting and a few chefs came into the room with food, which clearly wasn't fish.

I noticed it was steak as soon as they sat it down in front of me.

"Now, before we eat, I'd figured I'd tell you the good news. Beverly is pregnant, 9 weeks to be exact," Francis said with a big smile on his face.

"That's great!" his father exclaimed.

My father looked at me once again and glared, "That's great," my father seethed out.

Only just a few weeks ago he seemed so interested whether I was pregnant or not, and now he seemed upset.

I could never seem to make my father happy, even if I tried to do everything in my power.

I remember only a year ago he acted so differently toward me. He has become more aggressive, and meaner. But I know he won't be acting like that anymore, especially since I am not married to Francis.

But I won't be escaping harsh punishment or mean men, Francis is horrible too. I sometimes think he's sweet and kind, but other times he shows me what he truly is.

"We want it to be announced as soon as possible so people can know that an heir is going to be born and that they should be afraid. I don't want anyone to challenge me either. Make sure if anybody tries or plans to come after her, I or the baby kill them." Francis said.

My father and his father both nodded, and soon they began to talk business, as usual. Leaving me to my own thoughts about Francis, the baby, and my future.

Tomorrow is another day, and hopefully, things will get better.

And hopefully, I can get in contact with Wrennly.