3. MONARCH'S BITE

unedited 

unedited 

"Look, Freya!" A smile graced the fifteen-year-olds lips as she turned to look at the preteen. Amelda Lockwood held up a pink necklace with a wide smile. Yuno and Klaus had been forced to carry the girl's things as she stopped from stall to stall, picking up various items. Mimosa followed beside the two boys while Freya helped Amelda shop. "Pretty! You'd look amazing in it, Mel!" 

Though the two had never met before today, Amelda had taken in instant liking to Freya. Possibly due to their similar bubbly personalities. 

The younger girl nodded before handing the keeping a bag full of coins and continuing on her shopping expedition. 

Freya fell a few steps behind to walk in line with Mimosa and the others. "Mimosa stay with Amelda, I'll be back" The group was taken back by Freya's serious tone. Even Mimosa, who had known her for years, had to fight the urge to stare at her in confusion. "What's going on Freya?" A smile returned to Freya's lips, her usual demeanor returning. "Nothing! I just have to take care of something" They all watched as the girl casually walked off in the direction they came in. They were about to turn back around when they saw her hand skim over her grimoire as if to confirm that it was there. "I'm going to follow her" No one had a chance to protest as Yuno already began heading off in the same direction of the girl. 

Freya turned down in an alleyway, hidden from all other eyes. "So, what do you want with Amelda Lockwood?" 

Freya turned to meet the man that had been trailing the group for the past five minutes. "Tch, I was sent after the Lockwood girl, but the future Lupton head will be just as valuable. So just don't scream, and I'll go easy on you, little girl." 

Freya sighed as she rested her hands on her hips and shook her head. "Jeez, you think they'd have learned by now. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped!" Freya's grimoire fluttered to life. Her grimoire was the same purple as her hair with a butterfly in the middle. A simple, yet powerful grimoire. "Butterfly Magic: Monarch's Bite!" A swarm of monarch butterflies flew out of the grimoire and headed straight towards to man. "What will a few butterflies do?" He laughed, as he simply swatted at the insects. 

One of the butterflies landed on the man's neck a second later, he passed out. Freya sighed in disappointment as she watched his body fall to the floor. 

"Good grief" She muttered as her grimoire came to a close. "That was so boring, don't you agree, Yuno?" A smirk graced Freya's lips as she turned around to meet the boy's gaze. Her usual playful tone barely in her voice. "You shouldn't go on your own" 

"He was weak. I knew it'd be fine. If there's ever a real challenge, I'll fight beside you." Freya sighed as her eyes trailed back to the unconscious man. "Let's get back to Amelda and the other two. Don't want to make them worry!" 

Her usual cheerful tone was back as she strolled out of the alley and back to the rest of their team.