Six

Demi

"Dem?" I jumped, glancing up at Dallas as she stepped around the corner. "You okay?" I gave her a brief smile as I nodded, pulling my eyes from her and glancing back down at the floor. "Why do you look like you've been crying then?" I silently shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, talk to me. What's going on? Why do you look guilty as fuck?" I released a sigh, glanced up at her and gently dropped my head back against the wall with a groan.

"Max has been receiving hate from my fans and he's been keeping it from me" her eyebrows raised in question.

"Okay, and?"

"He kept saying that it didn't matter. He didn't even want to show me the message he was reading when I stepped into the room. It was horrible, Dallas."

"Then, why are standing out here? Why do you look like..." she sighed, her head dropping into her hands. "Please, tell me that you didn't start an argument with him?" I bit down on my lower lip as I shrugged my shoulders and tried to look innocent. "Demi" she groaned.

"I couldn't stop myself. I just saw this message and the fact that he kept it from me and I blew up on him."

"Why are standing out here?"

"Because I needed air" she rolled her eyes but moved around me to lean on the spare bit of wall beside me.

"Why do you need air?"

"Because I'm trying to think of a way to apologise to him."

"You've just got to suck it up, Dems. This isn't the first argument that you guys are going to have. You've been in relationships before, you know that arguments happen and you know that sometimes those arguments hurt" I nodded as I glanced away from her.

"Yeah, I've been in relationships before but they've never been this intense, Dallas."

"You really love him, don't you?" a lump formed in my throat, tears welling in my eyes as I nodded over at her.

"Yeah, and I'm terrified that I'm going to fuck it up like I do everything else in my life" Dallas wormed her arm around my neck and pulled me into her. I nuzzled myself into her, crying gently into her neck. "I'm scared that I'm going to lose him" she pressed a kiss to my temple, her hand running soothingly along my back.

"You need to talk to him, Dems. The way he looks at you, is a way that I hope Tom looks at me. Love radiates off the both of you and let's be serious, it's a little sickening" I rolled my eyes as she chuckled, hitting her lightly on the arm. "But seriously, Demi, I've never seen you look so happy before. The last time you looked this happy was with you know who."

"I should probably go and apologise then, right?"

"Probably, yeah."

"Wish me luck."

"You aren't going to need it, Dems" I gave her a weak smile and released a breath before turning towards the main door to the guest house. I stepped into the main living area, my heart pounding against my rib cage. Max wasn't where I'd left him. I hesitantly began towards the bedroom and pushed the door open to reveal Max who was lying back against the bed with his eyes closed.

"M-Max?" he jumped, his eyes shooting open and my heart broke as they locked with mine. This is the first time I've ever seen him cry. I swallowed the lump from my throat, glancing down as I nervously twiddled with my fingers. "I-I'm sorry for..." I cut myself off as I looked back up to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry for starting an argument. I-I shouldn't have done that" he shook his head, his mouth gently tugging at the corners.

"You don't need to apologise."

"I'm still sorry."

"I accept your apology" I chuckled lightly causing his smile to widen slightly. "Come here" I instantly began towards him, dropping down onto the bed beside him and instantly cuddling into his side. He locked his arms around me and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "I love you, Demi" I smiled against his chest as I nodded, my arm locking around his waist.

"I love you too" I began to draw patterns on his stomach, enjoying the comfort of his arms wrapped around me and the gentle thumping off his heart against his chest.

——