Not Just A Reunion - Part Two

Part two

I let out a long sigh when I let myself fall down on the couch next to Dinah. My body is overheated, sweat dripping off me and I'm pretty sure I stink.

Never thought that these dance rehearsals would be this tough for me. I know I haven't danced like we used to in a while but I was under the impression that my stamina was still okay. Guess I was wrong.

I continue to pant while Dinah looks at me with a grin. ''Not as in shape as you used to be anymore huh?''

I look at her while drying my face with a towel and nod in exhaustion. ''Is this wat getting old feels like?'' I ask in return and Dinah laughs.

''Wouldn't know Mila, I'm still in the best shape of my life.'' Dinah says with a playful look of arrogance. I laugh at her and just shake my head.

''We are getting better though, getting more in sync every day.'' I say as I look back at the dance floor where Lauren and Ally are still dancing, learning the steps with support of Mani and our choreographer.

''You mean that you guys are getting up to mine and Mani's level, finally.'' Dinah replies, smirking playfully while also watching the other girls dance.

I nudge her in slight annoyance and Dinah just laughs. ''No honestly, it does look better every day. Which is good because the show is getting closer.''

I nod with a nervous sigh. When I think about the show taking place in one month and how much there is left for us to do, my body starts to feel restless. I'm not ready for the show yet, I miss my confidence that I had a few years ago when I thought I could just wing it or had it all under control. Guess my anxiety issues aren't completely gone yet.

''I'm getting nervous just thinking about it..'' I admit. ''I feel like we need to do more to be as prepared as we can be.''

Now Dinah turns her head to look at me making me look at her as well and therefor divert my eyes from Lauren and Ally. (Mostly Lauren)

''I disagree girl. We don't want to be over rehearsed and we need to protect ourselves. You know we used to overwork ourselves all the time when we were younger, I thought we had learned to take it a little easier now, no?'' Dinah says and I have to admit that she's right.

''Don't stress too much over it Mila. Leave some room for improvisation and give your voice and your body some rest. God knows you might need that body soon.'' Dinah trails off and I frown at her now.

''What?''

''Oh come on Mila, you think I hadn't noticed?'' my best friend says, turning her body to me so she can lower her voice. Her big brown eyes focus on mine and the faint smirk on her lips is all too familiar to me.

My throat dries up immediately and I try to give myself some time by drinking some water and looking at Dinah questioningly.

''You and Lauren. Not sure what's going on but there's definitely some kind of tension between you two. I noticed first at the bar a few weeks ago and thought it might have just been the alcohol. But then in a few meetings I noticed it too and during soundcheck I saw you guys goofing around together but there was definitely some flirting going on. So tell me, what's up with you guys?'' She answers and all the words she says make my head spin.

''Uh...'' I respond, trying to form normal sentences in my head to brush it off to Dinah. But her eyes are still focused on me and I'm pretty sure my heart is visibly thumping in my chest. My face heats up even more while Dinah's words keep ringing in my ears loudly and I start to question everything about me and Lauren even more.

Dinah raises her eyebrows at me and I turn away to look at Lauren again. I see her body move to the rhythm of the music effortlessly, her skin shining from drops of sweat that glisten on her body, her hair a hot mess and her eyes focused on herself in the mirror.