Chapter 3: Gemini

I woke up and glanced across the room to see my twin sister, Gloriane. Gloriane looked peaceful, this was neither surprising or predictable. I got out of bed and took two bagels, some coffee, and some cream cheese. I spread the cream cheese over one of the bagels, leaving one for Gloriane.

"Maaaaaaaax"

"Good morning Gloriane"

"MAX!"

"Yeah, I'm right here"

"... Don't you remember the bet?"

I drank my coffee in confusion.

"... So you don't remember the bet?" Gloriane continued.

"Nope"

She laid in shock and... was that pride? 

"You owe me twenty dollars!"Gloriane sang,

"No, I don't Glori" I called her by her nickname for a chance to be let off on whatever mess I'd gotten myself into.

"Oh yes you do Maxxonn!" Of course, she had to call me by my full name that was spelt ever so confusingly. I absolutely hated how every substitute teacher would spell (or worse, say) my name wrong. I didn't seem like I minded, but deep down, I hated everybody who spelt and/or said my name wrong, except for the teacher that suggested she call me Max instead of Maxxonn so it would be easier for her. Since then, every substitute called me Max and spelt my name as Max. "Max" just sort of... slipped in and never came out.

"Then lemme see The Bet Book"

"Mkay bro!" 

The Bet Book is a notebook where Gloriane and I write down all of our bets, so the next day, we won't forget.

"See! It's right here!" Gloriane said proudly.

I went over to her and saw, that she was right.

We had made a bet on how tired we were. We decided that whoever was more tired, would get out of bed after the other the next day (a.k.a, today). And of course, I got out of bed first.

I walked over to my nightstand, where my wallet was and fished out twenty dollars.

Gloriane accepted the twenty dollars, she still had a smug grin on her face.

♊︎♊︎♊︎

After Gloriane and I finished our breakfast and brushed our teeth, we got dressed. I wore a dark green V-neck with blue jeans. Gloriane wore a pale yellow cropped hoodie with black leggings that had streaks of dark, dark green.

We were just about to get to work when an excruciatingly loud scream came from above.

"I'll go check it out, Terra might be in trouble" Terra was a friend I'd made during the flight from the University of California Los Angeles to here. Gloriane went to New York University, and I introduced Terra to her when Gloriane came to pick me up from the airport. She is also our upstairs neighbour.

"Okay, I need to stay here though, my new boss said 8 o'clock sharp."

"Mkay, see you later"

I took the elevator upstairs to Terra's apartment, then I saw this guy with black hair and red-ish brown-ish eyes, who looked super mad at Terra. The dude was dressed in a red shirt with a leather jacket and black jeans.

"What happened Terra? WHO'S THE DUDE?!" I yelled.