chapter seven

This morning went by in a blur, all I can think about is him. Sometimes I feel like I'm being held hostage at school, away from what really matters. I know a majority of the stuff that I'm learning I won't ever use after I leave here, but I kind of like it.

Maybe I have stockholm syndrome, maybe I'm crazy for enjoying the cyclic aspect of it. Don't get me wrong homework sucks but, this is a pivotal point in all of our lives, whether we're the ones who peak in high school or the ones that use it purely as a stepping stone, this is something that we all go through, and I'm just lucky that I get to do it with all of the people who I love. 

I wait outside my locker again, waiting for him to walk by. I can hear the click of the clock above me, the minute hand creeps closer and closer. Just when I'm about to lose hope, I see him out of the corner of my eye.  He draws nearer and nearer, stopping just before me.

"Are you still needed help with that photography thing?" He asks, his voice lifting up.

"Uh, yeah," I pause, "I thought you had to go to chemistry?"

"I can skip it today, you know if you're still interested." He seems so, happy, it's not how I ever would have pictured. I guess I never really cared to get to know the person behind the tattoos, that changes today.

"Yeah, that sounds great." He leads me outside to the parking lot, I'm not sure where this is going, normally I'd be on edge, afraid to say the wrong thing or act the wrong way, there's something about being with Harry that feels so freeing. I feel like he doesn't care about superficial things, he doesn't care if I only shop at Brandy Melville, it doesn't matter to him if I'm a 32A or a 36C, something just feels so right. 

I'm so swept up in my thoughts that I don't even realize where he's leading me. He digs in his pocket pulling out a long Green Bay Packers lanyard. He opens the car, making it honk twice, 

"Are you comfortable if I drive? I have a place already in mind."

"Yeah sure, whatever works," I say, as long as I'm with him I'll be fine. His car is different then what I would have imagined. It's cold, like the AC been on all night, there's also a familiar scent, something almost minty. I grip onto my camera strap as he begins drive. 

It doesn't hit me until we get on the highway that I'm sitting beside Harry Styles in his Jeep. He turns up the radio, a soft hum sits over us as he drives.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are we going?" I say breaking the silence. He laughs,

"A special place, someplace that I've gone ever since I've moved here." The whole rest of the ride is silent, but in a peaceful way, like we don't need to talk to understand what the other is feeling. 

My anxiety spikes when Harry turns off the road, it's a good thing he has a Jeep because I don't know if a regular car could keep up with him. He continues on an unmarked gravel road. I can feel ourselves nearing the destination, I'm hesitant to get out, knowing that our comfortable silence will soon be over. He parks the car under the shade of an old oak tree.

"Is this where we're going?" I ask when Harry steps out of the car. 

"It's just up that way," he says pointing, "are you up for a little walk?" I nod my head back at him. This feels amazing, getting out of my comfort zone, feeling the sun on my cheeks. He leads me back behind an old abandoned warehouse, the grass is overgrown but in such a way that seems like it was placed there intentionally. 

"It's beautiful here, I love it."

A/N: Sis got distracted, anway here this is, it's not nearly as deepressing which i kinda like lol but Kendall and Anika are the ultimate judges so whatever they say goes :)