Chapter 1

Edited 2/1/24

"Jane! Wake up you will miss the train into the city!" Megan, Jane's roommate, yells through the sleeping girls door. "I'm awake, I'm awake, Megan!" Jane yelled back covering her face with a pillow. She quickly got out of bed and walked over to her bathroom hoping all she would have to do was wash her body and not her hair. Obviously today was not her day, as she looked in the mirror and ran a hand through her greasy hair. "Shit." She mumbled knowing she was going to have to wash through her thick hair. Thankfully she trusts her roommates style enough to have her pick a outfit for her. "Megan! Can you choose a outfit for me to wear today?" Jane calls out to her bestfriend. "Sure Jane." She heard the girl yell back. "Remember Megan. It's my first day on the job I need to look at least presentable to meet the actors and Sam." She shouts through the door and waited for a answer only to get none. Jane sighed before turning on the shower and stripping herself of her clothes.

Once out of the warm, 10 minute, shower Jane wraps a towel around herself and her hair before walking out of her bathroom to go see what Megan had laid out for her. "Simple yet cute." She nods and drops her towel to the floor, sliding on the black skinny jeans with rips on the knees and a white light weight sweater as it was on the colder side that day in London, where she was going to be meeting the cast. Jane ran out of her room after realizing the time. "Sorry Megan! Can't stay for breakfast, gonna be late." She said as she sped past her roommate grabbing a piece of toast off the girls plate, before leaning down to slip on her red converse. Rushing out the door of the shared flat, she bolted down the stairs hoping to not miss her tube into the city.

Jane slowed down slightly as she finally reached the subway after a ten minute walk. She bounced down the stairs as she grabbed her Oyster card out of the back pockets on her jeans and swiped it through before speed walking to her tube that was about to shut its doors. She rushed in just as the doors were closing, managing to find a seat next to a quiet elder woman who held her husbands hand throughout the whole ride. That's what she wanted to have when she grew older. Someone who was willing to hold her hand through everything.

The tube slowed to a stop and the doors opened, she glanced at the couple once more sending a small smile in their direction before running off into the crowd of people trying to get to their jobs. Grabbing her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans, she checks the address once more before walking up the stairs to go hail a taxi. Once in the taxi, the nerves start to kick in. She felt the same way when first moving to Enfield, United Kingdom, having just moved from her small town of Onllwyn, Wales. She was a nervous wreck to say the least. But that was five years ago and she hasn't felt the same way until now. Jane was snapped out of her thoughts when the taxi driver had told her that they were there. Apologising quietly, she slipped him the money before stepping out of the vehicle and walking up onto the sidewalk. She stood there for a second staring up at the tall building. Getting lost in her thoughts and worries until she heard a voice next to her.

"Admiring the view?" The voice asked, anyone could tell just by the voice that it was a person who seemed to have their life figured out as of that second. But anyone could tell there was also something missing. Jane turned around, looking up at the man who towered over her 5'7 self. Smiling up at him embarrassed, hoping he couldn't see the pink tint that was creeping up onto her cheeks.

"Sorry. It's my first day I'm just a bit worried." She was able to get out. As she was quickly getting distracted by the unknown mans eyes.

"No worries here. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm George by the way." George smiled and held out his right hand for her to shake. Jane looked down slightly as she grabbed his hand and shook it gently. "Nice to meet you George. I'm Jane." She smiles back.

Furrowing her eyebrows at the look of realization on his face. "You're Jane Davies. Our researcher and makeup artist!" George quickly made the connection because Sam had show the cast a picture of every makeup artist that would be working with them. Janes eyes went wide as she realized who she was talking to. "Oh! Your George Mackay! You will be playing Will Schofield, right?" She asked wanting to make sure she did not get the names messed up. Jane was slightly embarrassed that she hadn't realised she was talking to one of the main actors from the movie she had been hired to work on. Her cheeks flushed red as George confirmed that he is indeed the one playing Schofield. "I am so sorry I hadn't recognized you! Sam had only sent me one picture of you and the other cast members! My apologies." Jane rambled on about how sorry she was until she checked the time realizing she had 15 minutes to get into the building, to the 17th floor, sign in, and find her spot at the table. "I have to go now. I'm going to be late and I'd rather not be on my first day" Smiling softly at the, hopefully, newly found friend. "Well it was wonderful meeting you George! I'll see you up there." Jane smiled brightly before quickly making her way into the buildings lobby, attempting to rid of the blush that stayed settled on her cheeks.

Never, in her 26 years of living, had she ever rambled or been nervous around anyone, let alone a man. She was quite confident and only got nervous when big things were happening. Jane thought to herself, maybe he would be a big part of her life, but she pushed that thought to the back of her head as she walked through the security and to the elevators. This was going to be an interesting next few months.

1089 words

Authors note: Hey guys! This is the first chapter of my new George Mackay fanfic! I am acrually very nervous to post this but I do just want to put it out there that all these chapters are prewritten and have been for about 6 months now. Please be nice as this is my first time actually writing a fanfic. Have a great day and I hope you enjoyed.