Chapter 1

"Wow! Zacky that sounded amazing!" I said after listening to Lips of Deceit. Once the guys started making demos, I handed them out to anyone who would take them. Val, my best friend, and I would walk around all different types festivals handing out demos for hours, and I stole money from my parents.

I've been helping the guys ever since my brothers met them, about three years ago. They're band is called Avenged Sevenfold, and Matt Sanders is the lead singer, Zack Baker is the rhythm guitarist, Brian Haner is the lead guitarist, Jimmy Sullivan is the drummer, and Dameon Ash is the bassist but he's been slacking really badly lately, so my friend from school, Johnny Seaword, is filling in for him. My brothers want to be technicians for the group, Jason is the drum tech, and Matt does guitars.

"Hey Brian," I said as he walked into Matt's parent's garage. I knew I was going to get a harsh reaction from him. 

"Shut up, bitch," he said as he pushed past me.

"What did I even do or say this time?" I yelled. I felt my blood start to boil.

"You're always in the fucking way. Why do you even hang around here? No one likes you."

Brian has been treating me this way for the past two years, and I absolutely could not take it anymore. I starting packing away all my copies of the demo and flyers.

"Matt I'll hand out the rest of this stuff later," I said while walking towards the door.

"Okay Lex, thanks," he replied while smiling at me.

I smiled back at him before grabbing the door knob and pulling open the door. Once I stepped outside I walked into someone, but I knew it was Jimmy because of his height and his cologne. He wrapped his arms around me, and held me in a tight hug.

"What did Brian say to you this time?" Jimmy asked when he let go of me.

"He's just being a dick like usual. I can't take it anymore," I said while staring down at the ground.

"I don't know what his problem is," Jimmy admitted, "But I think you should stay. Don't let Brian ruin your time."

"I'll stay Jimmy, but not for very long because I have a whole bunch of demos to hand out."

I followed close behind Jimmy as he walked back into the garage. When I stepped out from behind him, everyone except Brian smiled at me.

"Damn it Jimmy! Why didn't you just let her leave?" Brian yelled.

"You need to fucking cut your shit," Matt said, walking out of his parents house with drinks.

"What did she even do to you?" Zacky asked. Brian stayed silent and started strumming his guitar.

"Actually I have to leave," I lied while picking up my bag again, "I'm meeting Val at the park to start handing out demos.

"Thank fucking god she's leaving," Brian yelled when I walked out of the door. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

***

"How many more demos do you have?" Val asked while counting her small stack.

"About fifteen, you?" I asked.

"About fifteen," she said while smiling at me.

I smiled back her but my smile quickly faded, "Val, do you know why Brian hates me?"

She sighed, then said, "Was he being a dick again?"

"Yep."

"I'll talk to Matt about it. Maybe he'll know something."