Shy (Modern au)

Requested by tea_with_scones

A/n: I saw this one-shot play out in my head like it was an anime loll. 

Was the teacher speaking an alien language? What was he even talking about? My mind became muddled as I ran through the lesson in my head over and over again. I hated not understanding concepts. After I finished my cleaning duty, with everyone gone, I felt I could have a little bit of time for myself to study.

My books were strewn across my desk, my pencil twirling in my hand as I frustratedly tried to solve the problem again. Was it like this? No, it was more like this...?  No.. is sine not supposed to be used? Urgh, I don't know!

My head thumped down onto my desk. I can't do this anymore. I don't think I'll ever get it. 

"(Y/n)? Why are you still here? It's past 4:00! Are you not done cleaning?" I turned my head to see my teacher, who was leaving his office next to our room. He was peaking into the room with confusion. I blushed in embarrassment.

"Sorry, can I use this room for a little? I'll make sure to lock up after." I smiled in hopes to look like I was fine even though my mind was invaded with repulsive math problems. He squinted at me, before shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright, but make sure everything is tidy before you leave." With that, he left me to my misery. I would have made him stay and tutor me, but I didn't want to be rude. Plus, he wasn't that good of a teacher and would have confused me more than he already did during class.

I rested my chin on my hand, looking out the window. The sun was setting, marking the sky with orange and pink. I couldn't wait for summer break, even though it was a long way away. I needed the break more than anything. I wonder if I could hang out with my friends more, or if I'll still be stuck studying over the break.

"You should hang out with Kamado more, (Y/n)! If you like him so much, ask him out." My friend Mitsuri teasingly smiled at my flushed form.

"I would never! He probably doesn't like me that way," I protested.

I sighed as I remembered Mitsuri's words. It was the last year of high school. Was I never going to tell Kamado that I had a crush on him, despite being in the same class as him for three years? I groaned and thunked my head in frustration again. Great, since my mind can't focus on math, it decided to think about something, or someone, that's just as frustrating.

I couldn't help it. My mind wandered to images of Kamado's cute smile and his cheery voice. He always had friends surrounding him, and everybody loved him. My friends always tease me, saying that he looks at me when I'm not paying attention. I doubt he did though. With so many people around him all the time, what are the odds he liked me? I snapped my head up, there was no way I was going to waste my time thinking about a boy. I mind as well leave if I wasn't going to get any work done.

With that, I packed my stuff and cleaned everything up before I left.

~~~~~~~~

With a whole day to sulk in my feelings, I felt refreshed when I arrived to school. Putting my shoes away in the lockroom, I was chatting with Mitsuri on the latest anime I watched. We fangirled about the main protagonist in particular. He certainly was a looker. I was laughing at my friend's suggestive comments when she suddenly stopped laughing. I frowned at her.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She mischievously looked at me again.

"Pretty boy is looking at you again," she squealed quietly, gently hitting my arm. I blushed. "Pretty boy" was our code name for Kamado.