| 1 |

*3 years after graduation*

Kyle and I had been together for 5 years, and we were finally ready to further our relationship.
Today was moving day.
I drop the last box inside and sigh in relief.
"Finally." I lean against the wall behind me.
I look around and Kyle wasn't in the same room as me. I peak in each room and find him in our unfinished bedroom, sitting on the floor next to a box.
Inside the box was pictures and other memories. He pulled out a small picture frame.
"Look." Kyle signals me to sit next to him.
The frame held two photos, both from homecoming- just different years.
I look at the first picture, it was a group photo.
It was cut down to focus more on me and the boys.
Eric, Stan and Kenny all had been smiling and held their dates closely.
You could see Stan's cuts and bruises from when he got into that fight with Kyle.
Kyle and I had been crouched down, almost hidden in the crowd holding up a dumb face followed by a peace sign and a middle finger.
I let out a small smile.
The second picture was from our senior year. We were all carrying Kenny as he spread across all of us. In the picture I rested my head on Kyle's shoulder.
Seeing how our friendships had changed from freshmen year, to our senior year was amazing.
The break really did bring all of us closer together.
"I forgot about these pictures." I examine the pictures once more.
"We should hang all of these up." Kyle looks around at our empty walls.
"Don't worry we'll get to that soon." I say as I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.
It was a text, from Stan.
"It's Stan." I open my phone.
"What's it say?" Kyle shadows over my phone.
Stan: "We r coming over."
Kyle and I look at each other.
"I'll start cleaning up." He stands up.
Me: "Alright fine, but bring beer."

A few minutes later the boys arrived.
We all sit down on the couch in our unfinished living room.

"How the hell have you guys been?" Kyle kicks his feet back and opens a beer.
"Tired." Kenny grunts.
"I can see that." I look at Kenny.
You could really tell that he hadn't gotten much sleep.
"Let me guess." Stan says. "The baby?"
"Yup." Kenny silently sighs and takes a giant gulp of his drink. "I haven't been out in almost 3 weeks."
Kenny and Annie recently had a baby girl- Claire. The pregnancy wasn't necessarily planned but they've talked about starting their family early. I was happy for them, but it really kept them busy.
"Damn that must suck." Eric chuckles.
"Well, a little. But I love that baby so much already." Kenny smiles.
"What about Karen?" Kyle asks.
"She still lives with us- but the crying drives her crazy." Kenny nods.
"How old is she?" I ask.
"15."
"So she's a freshmen?"
"Heh. I remember when we were freshmen." Stan sighs, somewhat happily.
"I don't remember much from freshmen year." Kenny looks around.
"It was okay." I saw awkwardly.
"For the most part." Kyle clicks his tongue.
"Yeah." Stan coughs.
"Well, Tammy and I found an apartment." Eric smiles.
I smile, he seemed happy with her and it was almost adorable.
"Really?" Kyle beams.
"It's hard work." I nudge Kyle.
"It'll be worth it though." Kyle pinches my cheek playfully.
"I'm actually excited guys. This is big." Eric says.
"Lucky. Jenny has been begging me to look for places for us." Stan shakes his head.
"What's wrong with that?" I ask.
"I don't know." He pauses and looks down at his drink. "It's too early."
"Too early?" Kenny blurts. "You guys have been together for what- 3 years?"
"Yeah, but I just don't think she's the one. You know?" He looks back up and briefly makes eye contact with me.
I look away.
"Why are you still with her then?" Kyle says offensively.
"Well obviously I'm going to break up with her soon. I just don't know how." He sighs.
I could tell that Stan had been unhappy with his relationship for quite some time.
I didn't know what to say but I just nodded.
Maybe Stan and Wendy were really meant for each other- but it was too late for that.
"Well let's just get fucked up." I say and reach for another beer. "To friendship." I hold the can up.
They all join their cups together and smash them lightly together and shout.

The rest of the night was full of good banter and stupidity. Stan had driven the boys here but were too drunk to drive back, so they all took Ubers back to their homes.

"Just done cleaning up." Kyle sighs and smacks his hands together.
"Thank you." I kiss his lips slightly.
"This place feels empty." He looks around.
"Don't worry, soon enough it'll look more at home." I wrap my arms around him. Looking up at him. His green eyes beaming into mine.
Kyle leans in and kisses my nose.
Gently he lifts me up and leaves pecks on my lips. He carries me into our bedroom- which was only our bed and one lonely dresser.
He tosses me a bit roughly onto the bed.
I laugh as he slams his body on top of mine.
"I love you." He says quietly- our faces inches apart. His warmth comforted me, even if he was squishing me.
I pull away and stop myself from laughing.
"I love you too."
We kiss again.