Chap. 13

Chap. 13

RECAP:

*****

HEY BLONDIE!” Noah yelled out, causing everyone in the restaurant to watch us, Lucas reached us as he finished yelling.

Ummm hi?”

Everyone's eyes were on us as we all waited to see what Noah was gonna say, I was absolutely terrified, I told him to behave and he already wasn't. We haven't even been seated yet.

What shampoo do you use?”

This was gonna be a long lunch.

*****

Did he really just do that? I am going to kill him.

Lucas just looked confused.

“Ummmm... What?” Lucas asked. Clearly thinking he misheard him.

“You heard him. What shampoo?” Xander snapped.

“OKAY. Let's just go sit down, how bout it?” I interrupted. If I don't stop them now, this is gonna get bad, really fast.

The only thing that has ever made Noah and Xander come together as a untied front, was their protectiveness over me. I like this boy a little while ago, Eli, I met him at my mom's company picnic, and he we really hit it off. We became friends, and started talking a lot. Xander found out and called Noah. Noah convinced his parents to drive him here so he could stay with us for a little. Xander and Noah found the guy, and I never heard from him again. It was like he just dropped off the face of the earth. To say I was furious, was the understatement of the century.

“Yea. That's a good idea. Let's go boys. And girl.” Nick started pushing us back through the restaurant. Letting Lucas lead the way to the table.

“Hey Zoey!” I greeted her as we reached the table

“Oh my goodness. Hi!” She stood up to hug me then we all sat down. “I'm so glad all of you could make it.” She smiled at me and then to the guys.

“Well let me introduce you to everyone, I'm sure you already know Xander.”

“I tend too make myself known.”

“I was informed all about you on my first day in town. I went to the store, just to grab some bread, and was told all about the town's golden boy.”

Xander smiled, “What can I say? Cashiers love me.”

We all let out small laughs, “Anyways, this is Nick, Asher, and Noah” I pointed to them all as I said their names and Nick waved, Asher winked, and Noah smirked and winked. I told you Nick was the nice one, the pleasant and not conceited one.

“It's a pleasure to meet you all.”

“The pleasure is all mine.” Noah and Asher said in unison.

When they realized what just happened they both broke out hysterically laughing.

“Okay dude. RPS?” Asher asked, still trying to contain his laughter.

What is RPS?

“2 outta 3” Noah smiled and shook out his hand then cracked his knuckles.

They played Rock, Paper, Scissors. I should've caught that. I'm not totally sure why exactly they're doing that right now. But they seem to know, and in the end, isn't that all that matters?

We patiently watched until Noah whined when Asher put out rock, and he put out scissors. Asher won.

“Beat that man.” He gloated, his fists shooting into the air.

“3 outta 5” Noah asked out of desperation.

“No way.”

“Come on.”

“No.”

“Please?”

“Not gonna happen.”

“I'll be your bestest friend.”

“You already are.” Asher smiled and winked.

“That was so sweet man.” Noah smiled, wiping away fake tears.

“Like Eminem and Dr. Dre” Asher randomly said, smirking.

“If I loved you more I might be gay.” Noah started randomly rapping.

“And when I'm feeling down” Asher added quickly

“You know just what to say”

“Cus you my homie” They were still rapping, taking turns with each line.

“Yea you know me”

They went on like that for a few more lines, and then joined the rest of the table in hysterical laughter.

“Is that a real song?” Lucas asked, still laughing.

“Yea. It is.” Noah smiled.

“Where did you find that?” Asher asked as a follow-up.

“Well, a friend of ours at school told me that it reminded her of me and my buddy Noah here. So, I looked it up and made a plan. I took a couple days to memorize it, and then I worked it out with our English teacher, and when Noah walked into English that one day, I serenaded him.” Asher relayed the story to us, laughing at certain parts.

“Not gonna lie. It was a little weird.” Noah told us when we all recovered from our laughter from his story.

“Please. You cried and then hugged me, it was like I proposed or something.”

“I did not cry!” Noah protested. Making us all laugh some more. “I just teared up a little. I was in the moment, I mean, you did serenade me.”

“You weren't supposed to cry! But I did feel quite content when you did. I felt I really got my point across.”

Noah cracked a smile, “Anyways, the whole school thought we were gay for a while, even though the song clearly states that there's nothing gay about it.”

“Eventually it all got cleared up. When I got a girlfriend.”

“But that didn't last.”

“Nope. We were together for two months before it ended.”

“Which, for him, is like a miracle.” Noah laughed. “But he dumped her.”

“Well why'd you dump her?”

“It wasn't working.” Asher said nonchalantly. That was the most generic answer I've ever heard.

“That's what he tells everyone. Won't even tell me what actually happened.”

The rest of the lunch went better than expected. Xander was tense, Nick was anxious, Zoey was peppy, Lilli was adorable, Lucas was quiet, and Noah and Asher were loud. There's never a break in conversation with them two. My aunt said that they'd been best friends since Kindergarten. I'd never met Asher before now, but I've been hearing about him for years.

Short? Yes. In existence? Sorry I'm a day late. Getting behind in school and having writers block really don't mix. But I got it out. Kind of a filler. But it has some cute bromance going on.

Their adorable song off to the right or up above. Bromance by Chester See and Ryan Higa. I actually found this song while reading Along For the Ride by @knightsrachel everyone should go check out all her books. They are all amazing and they've all made me cry. I adore everything she writes.

That's all.

Love you all <3 Keep smiling :D