𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮

During his time at the academy, Symere learned that if you want your interview to be successful, you have to start it with a light conversation.

By doing this, you'll break the ice and create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for the following interrogation, which will raise the chances of the suspect answering your questions truthfully.

Another point of this is, that you can make yourself a picture of the other persons character a little bit better.

Sadistic, arrogant individuals tend to think they're above others and try to play the people around them. So the first thing you need to do when you have to deal with someone like that, is to figure out how stupid you sound in their mind.

"Mark their level of intelligence and adapt to it" his old instructor used to say.

Symere came here prepared. Carter may be highly controlling and wicked but he has a few tricks up his sleeve and isn't gonna leave until he gets some answers out of the guy.

At least that's what he thinks.

"It's pretty cold in here. Are you warm?" Symere begins.

Although he's got on a sweatshirt, Symere is freezing and Carter is only wearing a basic t-shirt, probably worn by thousand other criminals before him, that doesn't look like it's spending a lot of warmth.

"I mean...I was feeling cold but then you entered the room and it got really hot fast" Carter smirks lewdly.

Having already expected this type of answer, Symere just stares back at him unimpressed.

It's hard to keep up with the eye battle but he is determined to show Carter that he's the one leading the conversation today.

Although Symere definitely had his doubts wether he would be able to do this, he now feels a wave of energy rushing through him. Carter can't do shit in the position he's in right now and he knows it.

They keep staring at each other in silence for some seconds. Carter's smile slowly vanishes and turns into an emotionless expression.

Looking at his face makes Symere mad actually. The image of the dead body comes back into his mind and even though he's one of the most understanding and nice people on earth, who can't feel an ounce of hatred against anyone, he for the first time feels disgusted by another human being.

There are some actions that can't be justified.

Like smashing someone's skull and body with a hammer until they're barely recognizable anymore.

Nontheless, he has to stay friendly and neutral to Carter.

"Uhm, do you want something to drink or-"

"You know who you remind me of?" Carter interrupts him while tilting his head slightly.

Symere sighs. "Who?"

It's a dangerous territory he's entering by giving in on Carter's question. But since he knows that Carter probably won't stop anytime soon, Symere might as well just answer and give him the illusion, he's playing along. Maybe he'll cooperate then.

"A manga figure" Carter starts nodding, as if he's agreeing with his own words. "I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe your eyes. But you look so cute. I would hug you to death if I could move my arms" he grins and tugs on his chains which makes a loud rattle noise go through the room.