Serendipity

Directions :

Japanese - song lyrics
(....) - lyrics meaning
Blabla - present
Italic - flashbacks

* * *

I, in my hundreds of years in life, have never thought that such day will come. How did this even happen in the first place?

When did i came to know these feelings? At first, dread filled me. There's no way someone as powerful as me, would become so weak. Just because of a mere human.

A weak and cheeky little girl at that.

I've swore to myself, never to become like that him. I gazed at the dark sky above. The stars are shining so brightly.

The memory of the past came haunting him.

"How long are going to mope around?" a tiny, arrogant voice filled the silence of their tower.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

The man in white glanced to young one who were holding a loaf of bread to him, with gloom.

"One day, i'm sure you'll come to know this feeling" He then continued to gaze at nothing, void in his heart.

"But... I think it'll be better if you never know"
.
.
.
A throbbing pain.

"Damn it all !"

Again, how did this happen?

Kimi wa oujo, boku wa mahoutsukai
(You're a princess, and i'm a wizard)
Unmei ni deatta aware na koibito
(We are pair of pitied lovers that met by fate)
Kimi wo mamoru sono tame naraba
(If it's to solely protect you,)
Boku wa aku ni datte natte yaru
(I'll even become an evil)

I have tremendous amount of mana, but it's uncontrolable. If i let my feelings and emotion get the best of me, my mana will act on its own.

My nanny and even my so called parents, fear me. They sent me away to live in a small annex, apart from them. Isolated with boredom.

Not a slight of loneliness i felt. It's just that, whenever i hear joyous laughs, i immediately look outside my window.

'ah, they're here again'

It's the same as yesterday, and the days before that. I would see my younger brother, hand in hand with my parents, strolling in the garden.

They look so happy.

My chest would tighten, a pang of pain rushed in. Sometimes i thought, 'am i really that different?'

We're family, connected by blood.

Surely, they would miss me?

But oh, how wrong i was. My parents abandoned me, threw me away at the hands of an annoying bastard magician. I could not believe my eyes.

"So, you're getting rid of me?" I asked them, with a strained voice out of anger.
"No, we're doing this for your sake, Lucas"