4. Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy was seen to be a despicable man. He was a Pure-blood who believed that the purity of wizards should be maintained and kept, he wanted his only son Draco to know that as well. When Lucius Malfoy joined the Death Eaters, he joined to protect his family and every Pure-blood around him seemed to be keen on joining Voldemort's ranks.

That night in the graveyard, Lucius watched and witnessed what had happened to Harry Potter and Y/N L/N. The L/N was a Pure-blood, if you counted his fake parents he was a Pure-blood. However, his real family was more confusing, his father Sirius Black was a Pure-blood and his mother, Marissa had a witch and a wizard as her parents, her father was none other than the Dark Lord himself. Voldemort himself was not a Pure-blood which made L/N's blood status a difficult thing to figure out, but the boy passed as a Pure-blood.

After both boys escaped, Voldemort was angry and he cursed his Death Eaters. Lucius himself fell victim to the Cruciatus curse. When he left, the first thing he did was check up on his son Draco and make sure he was ok. Draco told him of Y/N's death, but he couldn't be dead. Sure the Dark Lord shot the killing curse at the boy but there was a prophecy...there was Marissa's spell...he couldn't be dead. Yet there was a funeral...how Lucius got that information was unknown, he had his ways.

"Lucius honey, you seem a bit distracted." Narcissa Malfoy said as the Malfoy family were having dinner.

"I'm sorry Narcissa, I've been thinking." Lucius replied.

"About what darling?" asked Narcissa.

"Just some business, I might have to go somewhere tomorrow." Lucius replied.

"Is this about..." Narcissa faltered slightly, "Marissa?"

Lucius nodded and Narcissa choked slightly, the name brought back memories of when she was in Hogwarts, when things were simple.

Draco sat opposite his parents but said nothing, he continued eating his food.

Narcissa asked no more questions and the family were quiet again like they always were. Sure the Malfoys appeared as a very functional, high-class family but when they were behind closed doors they barely spoke to each other.

The next day, Lucius grabbed his cloak and put it on, he said his goodbyes to his family before Apparating to a location. He would have to walk a bit because he didn't want to attract any muggle attention. Walking silently, Lucius took in the cold crisp air and looked around, it was summer but this summer was not hot, it was dark and grim. The trees were already losing leaves and the ground was littered by dead, brown leaves.

When he arrived at the location, the gates were open to the public so Lucius merely just walked, he was in a cemetery and was inspecting the gravestones he was passing. There were not any familiar names and they all looked the same. He had to walk a fair distance before he reached the gravestone he was looking for.

Looking around to make sure no one was near, Lucius raised his wand and started moving the dirt, obviously looking for the coffin below.

Lucius Malfoy hesitated slightly halfway through. This was a dangerous thing to do, there was no guarantee that his theory was right and even if it was right what was he going to? He wasn't just going to show up and the parents' door and return to them their supposedly dead child. It just didn't work like that. As well as that, this would place both Lucius and the child in grave danger, Voldemort would not be happy, or maybe he would be? This was a bold move but Lucius could raise him like his own, give Draco a brother. There was a high chance his memory would be faulty so Lucius could shape him, shape him into the perfect Malfoy heir.

However, it wouldn't be long until the kid started finding out more about his past, finding out about Lucius' involvement and thus making everything complicated again.

Lucius could hand the boy to the Dark Lord, maybe that would get him in his good books again. But that wasn't fair for the kid, he was still young, he still had a future ahead of him. If there was one thing Lucius wanted it was that his son, Draco, would not be involved in any of the things Lucius had got himself into. Lucius was stupid, he did it to protect his family and he did it out of fear, he was a coward. That was what he was and his family were, not high-standing important Pure-bloods, but instead just cowards who chose the evil path to save themselves from harm and death.

It was like the weather was listening to his thoughts, the sky was now a ghastly grey and droplets of rain were falling down next to him and on him. He had to make the right choice, for him and the wellbeing of this child. It was surprising that Lucius was considering the wellbeing on this child, then again, he was a father. Fathers would always look out for their child and in this instance, he felt like a child to Lucius. It was weird but Lucius felt the moral side of him show, the moral choice was to save him and not leave him to die. But the coward side of Lucius was telling him not to meddle in things that didn't involve him, because if it went horribly wrong Voldemort would be even angrier at Lucius.

Realising that he was still in the process of digging the coffin up, Lucius snapped back into reality and resumed trying to dig it up before anyone noticed him. After maybe two minutes of waving his wand about, Lucius hit the coffin. It was a delicate brown coffin with words engraved onto the sides, it must've been expensive.

Prying the coffin open, it revealed a dressed Y/N in a tuxedo, looking peaceful. He was in a deep sleep and Lucius didn't know how to wake him up.

Lucius was there for a good period of time, trying to figure out how to wake Y/N up and if he should. Eventually, the good moral side of Lucius overcame his bad coward side and Lucius decided that he would take Y/N and try to welcome him into the Malfoy family since sending him back to his old family would not be the wisest move.

He was conflicted, but he finally came to a conclusion. He was going to raise Y/N as his own and when the time was right, he would hand him over to the Dark Lord, letting Voldemort finish his plans and use Y/N as he wished. For now, he would treat the boy like his son, wait until the perfect time, and then hand him over. Raise him like a pig for slaughter...

Holding his wand again, Lucius muttered some words and waited, there was still no life in Y/N. Maybe Marissa's spell had backfired, maybe it had malfunctioned.

Minutes passed and Lucius was close to just leaving him there and leaving but then life flickered in the young boy's eyes. His E/C's shot open and looked around frantically. Lucius looked down at him, trying to reassure him and opened his mouth say something but no words came out.

Eventually, Y/N spoke. "Dad? Is that you?"