First Run

Summary: It seemed a normal day, until it wasn't. Mitsu's  world is turned upside-down when he gets dragged into the unknown - towards the realm of mythical beasts and gods.

Warning/s: Implied animal cruelty, grammatical errors

+++
May 6, 20xx

There was something different about the air.
It was a normal Tuesday morning, with the sun shining bright with wisps of clouds moving slowly. It was almost summer, and the streets of Tokyo were still bustling with people moving to and fro to attend to their businesses.

Nineteen year old Kaminari Akimitsu felt that the atmosphere this day was not right. It felt suffocating, oppressive, as if a heavy burden was on his shoulders and heads. Akimitsu - or Mitsu -heaved the burden thrice as much as the normal person due to his strong affinity with the not normal.

His feelings had never let him down ever since he came to accept that he was a bit more eccentric than your run of the mill hormonal, regular teen.

"Hey Micchan~! What's got you loading up in the middle of university?" Mitsu snapped out of his reverie when his friend Takashi called out.

"You seem so out of it lately. Are you doing well at home?" Yumi said in a worried tone. She was Mitsu's childhood friend and Takashi's girlfriend.

"It's just the weather. You know I tend to be out of it when it's almost summer." Mitsu eased their worries.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to fail Economics again." Takashi complained.

"I told you to not to take Sendoh-sensei's class when youre not even serious about it," Yumi scolded.

Mitsu listened to the couple's bickering until they've reached his department's building. Somehow, the teen zoned out of his morning classes due to the niggling thought of wrongness permeating everywhere.

No. He had to find out what it was. He knew it was big, perhaps nearing a catastrophe.

+++

47 year old Kuwabara Sato couldn't remember when was the last time that he had been so tired. It was only the second day of the week yet his exhaustion was enough for at least a week.

His boss was extra snappy, surlier than his usual laissez-faire attitude and there were at least five arguments in their department. Even their nicest member, Mariko, got so irritated that she shouted at the delivery boy.

"Honey, I'm home. You can't believe how tiring today was." Sato removed his tie and slumped against the sofa. He could smell the sweet aroma of his wife's cooking.

He decided to go to the kitchen. The petite frame of his wife Shouko contrasted against the big po she was cooking on. She was humming a cheerful tone; she seemed really happy today.

"What's the feast for?"

"Oh, you're back. Just sit at the table and wait. We'll have something really special today." Shouko smiled, her pretty face lighting up.

"By the way, where's Pachi and Nomo? They didn't greet me at the door," Sato asked as he looked for their two cats. They didn't have children, so the couple treated their pets specially.

"They're somewhere around the house. You know how those two are so naughty."

Shouko served him a full bowl of rice, with the sweet beef curry that Sato loved. He ate heartily, the curry so delicious he finished three bowls. He didnt eat the meat because it tasted game though the sauce was spectacular.

"I wish you've enjoyed Pachi and Nom to your heart's content."

The ear-splitting grin his wife had was the last view Sato have seen until his head hurt and everything turned black.

+++
To be continued
+++

HI! This is my first story here. Do forgive the errors  I might have. I appreciate if you could share your thoughts. Thank you!

(cross-posted in webnovel under same penna e?