Chapter 10 (The End)

[MAXINE's POV]

Lalong lumakas ang kutob ko that he's the guy I met on the plane 10 years ago dahil sa sinabi niya. Pagkauwi ko, hindi ako makatulog. Kaya naman napag desisyunan kong manood muna ng movie. After one movie I had the urge to watch the news. Nagulat ako ng ipakita sa balita that a plane has crashed, and the plane was under the company I work for.

Nag panic ako at agad tinawagan si chief.

"Chief?? May bumagsak daw po na plane?? Under our company?? Sino sino po ang crew??"

Sinabi niya ang names ng mga naka assign na crew sa flight na yun.

"Maxine, some of the passengers died, but some survived, all of the flight attendants survived as well because they managed to save their lives and the passengers' as well. But I'm sorry to say... that our pilot didn't survive"

Nabitawan ko ang aking phone sa sinabi ng chief ko. Mabilis akong tumakbo sa hospital kung saan dinala ang mga naaksidente at nabawian ng buhay.

Napaupo ako sa sahig ng makita ang remains ni Nathan. Katabi niya ang family niya na umiiyak at nagwawala sa tabi ng kama na kinahihigaan niya.

I never left his side at his funeral. Kilala na rin naman ako ng family niya dahil ipinakilala ako dati ni Nathan. On the third night of his funeral, May 31st, I saw pictures of Nathan when he was young, and a picture of a girl... hindi na naawat ang pagbuhos ng mga luha ko. The young girl was me... 10 years ago... in the plane where I met my first love.

When I saw the pictures of him when he was young... I was right.... He is the guy I met on the plane.

I called his mother and asked who that girl was.

"First love yan ni Nathan. She was also the reason why he wanted to be a pilot. He knew that the girl wants to be flight attendant, kaya siya nag pilot. She met that girl 11 years ago today, May 31st, on the plane, on our way to Boracay. "

Pumunta ako sa harap ng kabaong niya at niyakap iyon habang umiiyak.

I whisphered while tears are endlessly running down through my face.

"Hi Nathan, it's nice meeting you. It's me, Maxine, the girl you met on the plane"