~Chapter 14~

****Mike's POV****

I ran back to my room with Vic's smallest pair of jeans and bumped into Tony on the way in. "Hey, got lost turtle?" I laugh before shutting the door behind him. I smile and lay the pants down beside Leigh, "here, sweetie," I mumble and look at her. She turns her head slowly and smiles faintly. I could tell she was thinking about something hard. I decided to shrug it off and finish getting dressed.

"Mike, I love you," she mumbles under her breathe. I pull on my white V-neck and look over at her.

"Yeah, sweetie, I love you, too," I smile. She stands up and holds me tight. I smile and kiss her head softly. "Honey, what is it?" I ask softly.

"Nada," she answers in her best Spanish accent; not bad for a white girl. I laugh and watch her pull on my brother's pants, which fit pretty well. I slip into my black vans and grab my girlfriends hand. It's time to meet her mom so she asks, "are you nervous, babe?"

I shrugged and pulled her downstairs, "nah, I've dealt with worse, ya know?" I laughed. She started walking to the car, but I pulled her back. "No, ma'am. We're walking!" She looks up at me, seeming mad at first, and then smiling. I snaked my arm around her waist, and she did the same to me. We walked most of the way to her mom's house in silence.

"Well, this is it," she mumbled, stopping us and curling into my chest. I looked up at the big white house and sighed. You'd never think such traumatic things happened in such a normal looking house. I looked over and saw her mom's red minivan. "Mike, no, let's go home!" she yelled into my chest. I softly pulled her chin up and looked straight into her eyes.

"Sara Leigh Parker, you listen. We're going in here. I'm going to meet your mom and sister and brother. And we're all going to get along because I need your mom to realize I'm not a bad guy!"

"Michael Christopher Fuentes, I love you," she mumbled before reaching up on her toes and softly pressing her lips to mine. I returned the kiss and smiled down at her. "Come on," she giggled and pulled me up the porch steps. Before she could knock, her mom swung the door open.