CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

Our new home wasn't much to look at considering it looked gloomy and dark. The paint was peeling off and there were some broken windows and louvres, the lawn looked unkempt and dirty. James dragged himself and his luggage into the house and I followed suit. The interior wasn't much different from the outside.

It was a two-bedroom bungalow, one room was furnished while the other was just an old dirty room with absolutely no furniture and a leaky stinky bathroom, at least it had one. I knew it was mine so I laid my blanket on the floor, put my head on my bag for a pillow and fell asleep once my head touched it.

A sharp kick into my side woke me up from my slumber. Tiny streaks of sunlight made it into the room through the only dirty window. I could make out the dull figure of someone through my sleepy eyes.

'get up' he growled kicking me in the stomach. I groaned and clutched my stomach before forcing myself to a stand using the wall to support my body. My body was on fire, my joints ached severely but I managed to keep my scream to myself as he began to talk.

'go to school, your idiot, I signed you up so get your bitchy ass out here' he yelled at me. I stared surprised, school? He signed me up for school?' I knew there was a catch to it but what? So I asked which was the most stupid mistake because he slapped me on the face, grabbed the edge of my hoodie and hit me against the wall.

'don't question me princessa' with that clear warning he let go and I slumped writhing in pain. The clock struck 7:15, I had 30 minutes to get to school so I dragged myself up and went into the bathroom, I took a quick shower crying myself out as the cold water touched my wounds. I was soon done so I wore a fresh vest and hoodie over black jeans with black worn boots.

I ate one of the many granola bars hidden in my bag that I used for the past 3 weeks as food, then took some Advil to calm my aches before walking quietly out of my room to the front door which i reached safely.it was when I got out that realization hit me, I didn't know where I was neither doing I know where I was going. I walked down the street till I came to what looked like a bus stop. Looking at the signpost it said I was in Centerville, Centerville high was a 10 minutes' walk from where I was and a 3 minute by bus. Since I didn't have any money to spare for the bus ride I started my walk to school. I ran half the way and walked the remaining till I got to the school compound.