A little sneak peek at what's to come!

Hello! If you clicked onto this book, I cannot thank you enough!

I am a bit shy about posting anything I write, since it feels very personal, but today I decided to take some big steps.

Also a little disclaimer! I am not a native English speaker, and therefore have different cultural views and expressions. If there is anything that seems odd, please just drop a comment so that I get the chance to explain it and change it. That is all.

Please enjoy this little excerpt of the first chapter!!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Bad habits.

The room was cramped with the glistening bodies of several college freshmen grinding against each other to the beat of the heavy bass boosted music playing over the speakers. Flashing lights poured over the living room, the floodlights blinding you once or twice as they moved around the crowd, adding to the chaotic mass of people enjoying themselves. Coupled together with the seizure inducing lights and people, the smell was equally as bad, the stench of alcohol mixed with acidic barf, and the three thousand scents of fruity perfume and axe body spray.

You were keeping close to the wall, a red solo cup of something viscous that smelled an awful lot like expired punch was placed firmly in your hand. It had ended up in your hands after a guy had pushed it towards you near the front door, drunk out of his mind on the stuff. It only took you one sniff of the beverage to determine that it was expired sparkling red wine––Fresita to be exact. The stuff was good, normally, when it didn't have the consistency of hand lotion.

You pulled away from the wall and started to walk towards the myriad of people dancing, swaying a bit from the intoxicating waft of smells hitting you in the face. It was putrid, making you scrunch your nose at the appalling smell of fun.

God, you needed a drink. And a nice long trail of coke.

"Woah, okay! That's surprising!"

Squashed between a mass of grinding people, you struggled to look towards the source of the booming voice coming from outside of the dance circle. By the stature of his body, it was obvious that the blond guy as tall as the nearest tree was the one who had yelled across the room. He was wildly pointing at you, who was sandwiched between people in dresses and khakis. You tensed your body and started stomping through the cascade of people, even resorting to shoving when they started grinding and holding you back. Well, they were drunk, but consent was still consent.

Artie, the tall blond, gave you thumbs up when you stomped towards the little group of friends. He jumped up and down like a little puppy, excited to see you as you pulled him into a quick hug, relishing in the fact that he smelled like sweet alcohol.

"You mean it's surprising to see me at parties?" You quipped at Artie who slickly placed an arm around your shoulder. "Then you don't know me too well, chap."