chapter six

"WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP ITS AUCTION DAY!!" my aunt yelled from the hallway.  I could hear the panging of a spoon against a frying pan. Moaning I rolled over in my bed throwing the pillow over my ears. She was half crazy I swear.

"There you are sleeping beauty. It's auction day so get ready" I heard my aunt's spoon stop the banging and her voice whisk into my room. I groaned in responds as I heard Newt's foot steps pattle up to my door. 

"Yes ma'am" Newt's voice came out soft and sleep like while I stayed put in bed. This time though I moved the pillow off my face and looked over at the door. My aunt smiled at Newt before moving a step back from my door.

"I'll get the trailer hooked up to the truck. Breakfast on the table so get eating! We got to leave in an hour" My aunt announced as she walked down the stairs.

Sitting up I declared I needed to move. starting with walking to my door and shutting it tight before moving back into my room. The clock read 3:00am. Groaning for what has to be the fourth time this morning. I went to my dresser and pulled out my favorite jeans with the knees blown out. Also grabbed my pistol belt with the rinstone pistols. As I slipped on my jeans and looped the belt though the belt loops when a knock came from my door. Slipping a shirt over my almost bare chest I headed over to the door. Newt stood there waiting patiently as he held his waffles and mine on a western designed plate.

"I thought you might want your breakfast" Newt spoke shyly as he realized I wasn't done getting ready. Snapping my pant's button and buckling my belt I spotted a slight blush on Newt's face. I smiled teasingly at him. He was always around that hell I just forget how a lady is suppose to be put together around men.

I took the plate from a firetruck face Newt and walked over to my night stand. Setting the plate down I picked up my brush and started to comb through all my tangles.

"Thank you" I took a small bite out of the waffles.

"Yeah I thought it would be faster if I brought your breakfast to you too." Newt shrugged his shoulders as he looked down at his feet. Something unreadable crossed his face. Sighing I tucked my shirt into my jeans before taking my last bite of my waffle.  

"Ready?" I asked as I grabbed my boots. Newt's face glanced back up at me before smiling.

"Yeah let's go"

We both bounced down the stairs and slipped on our boots on foot at a time. We raced out to the truck and trailer as my aunt honked her horn at us. I noticed that the trailer was at lest a four horse slant.  She must be planing on getting some horses for sure. Her truck was an older ford truck that had only a bench seat. So I jumped in the middle as Newt got the window seat.

"Go" I said as Newt shut the door. My aunt didn't wait any longer as she tour through the dirt driveway.

"Here" she said as she handed me an envelop. Glancing down at my hands I looked over at her slightly confused.

"I always go to the action and get horses. I've actually found some of my mot prized horses from this action.  So here's a little money so you can use it to get your own horse with potential. Last thing your dad told me about you was that you wanted to train horses for a living. If you find a horse you think you can do something with it then bid on it. " she said as I counted the money in the envalope.

I counted 1,000 dollars. Looking over at my aunt I could see a glowing smile on her face. This was a lot of money. Expressly since this woman really didn't have a consent income besides her clients.  

"If you don't use it today keep it for another day. This most likely wont be our last auction" She sent a wink to me before she looked forward again.

I was speechless for me and her barley knew each other and I'm getting a thousand dollars from this woman. She most likely was the nicest and craziest person I know.

"All you need to say is OK or thank you" she nudged me in my shoulder.

"Thank you" I whispered with a smile etching across my face.

A smile crossed her face. She seem please with her self. The auction starts at 6am and the clock reads 4am.

"How long in till we get to the auction" I asked her. Looking out the window all I saw where fence post and beautiful trees.

"Two hours. We will get there just on time" she sounded so sure.

I smiled as I just took in the views that we pasted. I couldn't wait to see what horses would come though the auction. Even if it was a meat auction.