07

Gen's POV

I sigh and roll over.

The alarm clock reads 12:40.

I can't wait, I just really want to see Daniel.

I think Isla is asleep but I can't be for sure, so I whisper her name a few times.

No response except for some light snoring, so I assume she's asleep.

Thank goodness, the room had two beds, so I could get out of mine without bothering her.  I normally don't really care how I look but I decided to at least brush my hair so I didn't look like a zombie.

I slowly tiptoe towards the door.

Shoot, I forgot that hotel doors and heavy and loud.

I try to open it quietly but with my luck, it squeaks really loudly and I cringe.

Isla doesn't do anything except roll over and I let out a sigh of relief.

I finally get out into the dimly lit hallway and I sprint down the halls and stairs to the outside.

It's the beginning of April, so it's a little cold in la

(haha see what I did there for the date and the song tehe im so cool. But yeah, it's Daniel's birthday in this chapter)

I watch as my breath fogs up as I blow it into the cold air.

I glance at my phone and it's three minutes till one.

"Gen?" Comes a soft voice and I turn to see Daniel, wearing a heavy coat, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Hey," I say happily and run and melt in his arms in a tight embrace.

"Hey, angel," he breathes into my hair. "Are you ready for the best night of your life?" He asks.

"Um, the question is are you ready for the best night of your life?" I ask.

"What do you mean? Gen, we're celebrating you, not the other way around."

"Um, excuse me Mr. Famous, but today is your birthday. Did you think you'd get that by me?"

"I was kind of hoping," he shrugs.

"Just because I'm not a major fan doesn't mean I didn't do my research. And it's your birthday. You deserve to celebrate!" I say, as we start it walk down the sidewalk, his arm around my waist.

"Well, I'm still treating you tonight, like the princess you are," he says.

"I thought I was angel," i joke.

"You're everything to me," he says in all seriousness.

I can't say anything.

That was very smooth.

"Wow, very impressive flirting there, Mr. Seavey," I say.

"I just know what I want and how to get it," he shrugs.

We walk down the sidewalk, until he stops right outside a cafe.