dancing in the rain

y/n pov

it was one of those days that came all too often in britain. rain. nothing more nothing less. just buckets and buckets of rain pouring out of the grim dark sky.
i sat with my head resting on the back of paddys bed watching him mess around with something on his laptop. we were meant to be going out for a picnic in the field behind his house today in a hope to get away from the loud house in which we both were in.
quarantine with the holland family was amazing, but my god it was busy.
however, the weather had other ideas and decided to make the ground too wet to sit on.

both of us sat there just wondering what to do until paddy finally spoke up " fuck it come on" he said as he pulled me off of his bed. "huh what are you on about love" i replied as he dragged me out of his room and down the stairs smiling at sam who had a questioning look on his face.
"why should we let the rain stop us having a good time come on let's go" i laughed at his sentence until he looked at me seriously. "wait you're serious.. um okay yeh let's go, but i'm stealing your jumper because i don't want to get ill because of the rain and..." he cut me off with a soft kiss on the lips. "shut up rambling" he laughed.

i ran back up the stairs to grab a jumper out of his wardrobe, i went through them all until i found my favourite one (the one in the photo)i came back down to see paddy standing at the door with the picnic basket containing a waterproof speaker, a blanket and a LOT of food.
"let's go then" i said as we stepped out of the door opening the umbrella.
i took his hand into mine, the other holding the umbrella over us and as we walked i found myself looking over at him every few seconds.
he was just perfect. the way his hair fell over his forehead. the way his jaw clenched when he moved his head. the way his.. "y/n stop staring at me" he laughed pulling me closer to him.

we got to the field and although it was absolutely drenched we placed down the blanket and got the food out. obviously neither of us could be bothered to cook so we just made a few sandwhiches and bought way too much chocolate. after we had eaten we both lay on the wet blanket the rain pouring down on us. it was weirdly comfortable. until i heard paddy turned the speaker on.
'thinking out loud' by ed sheeran came on. paddy grabbed my hand pulling me closer to him as he whispered in my ear 'kiss me?'.

i tried to protest but he had the power over me and i soon melted into it as his arms hooked around my waist, mine going around his neck. playing with the small hairs on the back of his neck we both pulled away blushing like mad. "i love you" we both said at the same time causing us to laugh.
every kiss felt like the first. like fireworks.

soon enough the song had ended and a more upbeat song came on.
paddy turned the speaker up fully as we were in a field and no one could hear us.
we both started raving to the loud music as the rain poured around us.
this was perfect. me and paddy. dancing in the rain without a care in the world.

this is loooong but it's kinda cute so i hope u enjoyed x i keep stealing imagines from my other books because i cant think of any ideas however i want to keep this book going bcus it's my fave :) x
stay safe :)))))))