Prologue

It just appeared one day. And no one knew why or how.

This lone audition poster hanging outside the door of the auditorium. For the drama club's new musical, 'Beauty and the Beast".

"Do you not see this, Mermista!?" Seahawk exclaimed, shoving Mermista closer to the poster. Mermista, rolled her eyes for what felt like the 100th time in the span of 5 minutes. "Yes, I see that random audition poster, it looks like someone made it in Photoshop with the help of 3rd grader." She groaned. "But do you know what that means!?" Seahawk cried. Mermista shook her head. "Seahawk, I do believe you need to calm down, your energy is not appropriate on school grounds." Mermistas friend, Perfuma gently explained, keeping her voice low and soothing. "Oh but Perfuma, I cannot contain myself!" Seahawk dramatically announced. "For this school and the gods above have heard my pleas and have decided to do..." He paused, looking over to Frosta, Perfuma's freshman friend, who was standing next to her with her arms crossed. "Frosta, if you may give me a drum roll please." He ordered. Frosta scoffed but patted her hands against her knees making a drum roll. Seahawk grinned and stood up, tall and proud. He pointed a finger to the sky and with great gusto, declared, "A MUSICAL!"

Perfuma cringed at the volume of Seahawks voice, while Mermista pinched the bridge of her nose, wondering how on Earth she was friends with this man. "Okay, we get it," Frosta said. "But is there a reason why you dragged us here, during lunch no less, to show us a stupid drama club poster, which, may I add," Frosta breathed in for a second before continuing, "Has not done a show at all in over 35 years because the school decided to place their bets on sports?" The hallway was silent as the words sunk into the group. But Seahawk shook his head and patted Frostas head which in turn made her hiss. "Oh my dear young sweet child. Don't you get it?" he laughed. "NO I DON'T, BUT PLEASE EXPLAIN SO I CAN GO BACK TO EATING!" Frosta screamed. "Frosta! Volume!" Perfuma hissed. Frosta grunted and glared at Seahawk.

"The reason is, I wanted to show you guys, is that I wanted you all to sign up with me. These past few years in this high school have been lacking...pizzazz. And I know the rest of the student body won't approach this poster with a yardstick even if forced to." He paused. "I'm sorry if it feels like I dragged you all here for no reason and that I seemed to be overly excited for this." He apologized. The group was silent. Until they heard the scratching of a pen on paper behind them. Seahawk, Frosta, and Perfuma turned towards the sound. Mermista was signing her name at the top of the list. She dropped the attached string pen as it clanked on the wall and looked up at her friends.

"Screw it, I'm joining." Was all she said. Seahawk gasped and started to squeal. Mermista groaned. "Please don't make a big deal out of it." She begged as she walked back to the lunchroom. Frosta walked over to the poster and signed her name as well. "I'll go, besides, I got nothing better to do anyways." she said, following Mermista back to the lunchroom. Perfuma smiled and also added her name to the list. "But in future reference Seahawk, please keep your voice down." she said, giving him a small grin before heading off. Seahawk quietly squealed before excitedly adding his name. "They shall see my name in lights!" he whispered. And then he followed the girls back to the lunchroom.

__________________________

As the day progressed, more students passed by the poster. Some ignored it and went on with their day. Other students, on the other hand...

"Holy shit, I can't believe this school really done it." Lonnie snickered, signing her name onto the list. Kyle and Rogelio stood behind her, also ready to sign their names as well. "So, we're doing this because...?" Kyle asked. Lonnie grinned. "Because this just seems so stupid! And it'll be funny." She laughed. Kyle looked to Rogelio for a better answer, who just shrugged and grumbled something incoherent.