Professor Jackson

Jealousy was not a feeling Hermione felt a lot...or at all seeing as she had the most wonderful guy she could ever had asked for...but today,that was part of what she was feeling. The other feeling was guilt.

Here she was feeling jealous when she should have been honoring Dumbledore. It was his funeral after all.

But she couldn't help it. Her boyfriend was busy staring at a gorgeous lady who was seated up front with the others from the ministry of magic, right beside Fudge.

The lady was absolutely beautiful with long luscious hair and dazzling Blue eyes that were visible from where she was seated. As a senior,she was waaay back ,the Juniors taking the front.

Percy wasn't seated with the other professors. He was on the lowest roof,his feet dangling and his eyes trained on the woman.

As per McGonagall's order,she was to sit with the rest of the house,and she did not like it one bit, practically because Lavender was next to her.

Hermione decided to ignore everything that was happening around her and focus on what the Fates had told her.

There is a reason we don't overcharge batteries.

That simple statement had been plaguing her mind for the last three weeks but she had been pushing it away. Percy had turned his lessons to torture. His lessons had become thorough, extensive and generally painful. But no one complained.

After what happened to Dumbledore,no one could afford to complain. The rage and grief in clouding the air pushed them to near their limits. They craved revenge for their fallen professor.

For three weeks there has been no time to grieve. As soon as Percy was done with them for the day, McGonagall and the other professors attacked them with heavy lessons involving strong potions and massive curses.

Today was the day they lay Albus Dumbledore to rest. Today was the day they finally grieved.

But not her.

She was busy being jealous and guilty.

Time passed slowly for her, which she put to good use. Her brain was a mass of swirling Chaos as she tried to figure out what the three old ladies were trying to hint at.

Figuring she would spend all day and night there,she decided to refer to her dream. She closed her eyes and let her mind drift off

There she was, falling as usual. The sky above her was burning with falling sulphur. Waaaaay below her, trolls, ogres and Giants with flaming lead balls were rampaging across, blowing up walls, slamming their clubs and massive hands on witches.

It was total massacre. Her eyes ran around the rapidly approaching ground, vehemently searching for Percy. She found him,and it did not look good.

He was standing in the middle of the lake, monsters that seemed part dog part seal and part human swirling around him with sharp glinting metals.

He stood proudly, bleeding from almost a million wounds, Trident in his hand,a feral grin on his face as he lay waste to any monster that came near him.

But it didn't matter how good he was with the Trident. He was greatly outnumbered. Hogwarts was falling even faster than she was.

Her eyes flew open as a loud gasp escaped her making everyone near  look at her. She took a deep breath to calm her pounding heart.

"Sleeping at a funeral Granger?"lavender asked.

"I wasn't sleeping"she huffed.

"Your eyes have been closed for the last one hour"Lavender said. Hermione actually managed to spare her a glance this time"I swear it's the truth. You've been out for almost one hour. See,the Ministers are having a look at Dumbledore now"