Marshmallows

"Marshmallows!" Lisa shouted as she stumbled, her nose picking up the smell of sugar "Jennie hurry up!" She grabbed her arm, dragging her all the way to the bonfire jiyoon's husband set up "by the way, are Taehyung and Jisoo together? They're not here" Jennie wiggled her eyebrows as Lisa faked a gasp.

"Man" Jennie grunted, "you jinx everything!" She said, eye-pointing at two figures approaching them; Jisoo and Taehyung. Jennie and Lisa eyed each other as they noticed the red tint on their faces, both smiling.

"Where are the burgers?" Jisoo asked as Taehyung stood behind her, butterflies roaming in his belly from how tiny she was.

"We ate them" Lisa answered "we left you a hot dog though. Jennie was gonna eat it"

"That's not true! It's because you ate three and left me one!" Jennie huffed

"That's on you" Lisa shrugged as jisoo walked to the table with Taehyung following behind like a little pup, she was used to the duo bickering like a couple.

"Looks like we're sharing" she quickly glanced at Taehyung then took the empty bun, stuffing it with a piece of a hot dog. "I'll make it, you go sit down"

Five minutes later, jisoo sat on the chair next to him, handing him half as he stared at her.

He watched her bring the hot dog close to her lips, licking them and taking a bite.
"This is so good" she chewed the huge bite that had cheeks looking like a chipmunk's.

"Yeah" he took a bite as something fell between them, making both yelp in surprise.

A bag of mini marshmallows.

"They're for you! Eat them or Jennie will!" Lisa shouted, still fighting with Jennie.

Taehyung grabbed the bag, turning it around for a while until Jisoo took it from him to examine it

"Oh I know this, it's like a marshmallow version of bean boozled" she explained, his eyes looking deep into hers "Lisa and Jennie once bought it, but I didn't play"

"You wanna try it out?" Taehyung asked as the girl hummed in response "looks interesting enough"

"Okay, we both grab a color and eat it at the same time, the loser grants the winner a wish, cool?" Taehyung grinned

"Bring it on" Jisoo shifted, now facing the other.

"Okay, red. One, two, three"

They both ate theirs, milliseconds of silence followed as their tastebuds welcomed the unknown flavors.

"Cherry!" Taehyung beamed as jisoo stuck her tongue out "Jesus, I think it's chili" she shut her eyes tightly before swallowing it.

"My turn!" She raised her hand and Taehyung almost jumped at how adorable she was "green. One, two, three" they popped the green marshmallows into their mouths.

"Fuck this tastes awful" Taehyung almost threw up, soon followed by Jisoo who was sticking her tongue out with a chewed marshmallow on its tip.

"We just had some moss!" Jisoo looked at Taehyung before they both spitted it out, soon erupting into laughter.

"You're bad luck. Okay, white" Taehyung handed her a white one as he took his own then counted to three.

"Milk!" She made funny faces at Taehyung who clearly had something bad

"The fuck is this" he spat it out "it tastes awful" he scrunched his face as jisoo giggled, and his heart went all giddy and warm.

"Okay, last one. Blue!" They fished into the bag, each picking a blue one

"One, two, three"

Jisoo curiously tasted it, the flavor of mint soon filling her mouth "gosh, it's mint. I don't really like it" she watched taehyung quietly swallow his

"Hey! You have to-" she stopped when Taehyung came too close to her face "you don't like mint?" He asked in a low tone

"Not really" it came out almost as a whisper, but he heard it loud and clear

"Did you swallow it?" He looked lower than he should, jisoo shrinking under his intense honey eyes

She lightly shook her head, looking into his eyes and felt heat rise to her cheeks, now feeling a little dizzy before he leaned in, the closest she has ever allowed a male.

Silence followed his action before he pulled away, looking at the opposite direction, his heartbeat going crazy as he rolled a mint-flavored marshmallow inside his mouth, a very flustered girl sitting next to him with her head buried in her arms, her ears beet red. But so were his.

It's mint.. but it tastes sweet

He nervously cleared his throat "my.. my wish has been granted" he looked at her side, not moving his head and saw her nodding, her face still deep in her arms. He closed his eyes, a smile creeping upon his lips as he swallowed.

Can we play again?