Midnight

Jay guessed that it was about seven in the evening, and Rowan Was a no show unless he came back during one of the many naps he took.

The boy pushed himself up from the bed and looked over the room. Nothing changed since the last time he woke up.

Jay stood up from the bed and made his way to the closest. The light was off and a small pile of close sat on the chair inside. From the maid who brought him food earlier.

After deciding that he was alone, he quickly changed into the new cloths, consisting of black jeans, a white undershirt, and a pale orange button up.

Jay quietly opened up the door slowly and creeped out. He made his way through the hallway and down the stairs. It was at this point Jay had forgotten almost every part of the layout. He mentally slapped himself again and decided on navigating with his gut.

Jay chose the door frame on the left and found another hallway lined with painted portraits and multiple doors. At the other end was a double set of polished wood doors, lined with orange and crimson designs. Something about those colors was important but for the life of him he couldn't remember why.

He silently pushed the door open. It opened up to another hallway which instead of drywall, was large windows. Jay looked out of one and realized that he was probably three story's up.

After sightseeing, he continued to an opening to the right of the hallway. It lead to another large room with a stair case similar to the one he started out in. Without a single thought, he ran to the other side and pushed open another set of doors.

Jay found himself in what looked like kitchen, with metal counters, large sinks, pots and pans, and two huge refrigerators.

It was hard to keep track of how many hallways and ballrooms and extra rooms he had gone through, but it all changed as Jay pushed through a set of doors leading to what looked like a desk and chairs. The room was full of light unlike the unlit whole of the mansion.

There sat Elias, focused on the desk before him. Something the person on the other side of the desk said caught his attention. Jay let the door back to a crack and strained his ears, much like he had done in the ally. But sadly Jay had no way to view it.

"How do you plan on handling him?"

"What do you mean?"

"You can't keep him here forever you know, at some point he'll stumble on something not meant for his eyes," the other said.

"He's here so he can't find anything to stick his nose in," Elias said.

"What if they find out the kids here?"

Who if they and why do they care that I'm here? Jay asked himself. Was somebody stalking him?

"Don't worry, no one knows he's here, they just think something has happened to him at the casino."

"If they- he shows up expect me to say I told you so," with that the man then shoved some papers aside and continued on taxes and other rates.

Jay let the door back in place and pondered, leaning on the opposite wall. So now I'm in a strangers mansion, have a very flirty man on my tail, and now someone was after him? How can this day get any worse?!

Loud footsteps echoed in the hall, sending the boys heart racing with adrenaline. On quick feet, Jay raced through the hall and down a set of stairs. His heart almost fell out of his chest when his socked foot slid on the marble floor.

His socks were then tossed aside as he searched for an exit. Jay stumbled into what looked like a sun room, with tan couches and a fluffy white rug. What made his hope ten times bigger was the slightly cracked window , leading to the large lawn of grass.

This was a first time for Jay, hoping out a window to escape uncertain death and all. But then again, he never went to a casino and gotten kidnapped. He guessed that there was a first time for everything.

Jay stifled a yelp as his bare feet landed on wood chips. Each single peace slices into his feet, sticking to his skin when he lifted them up. Each step was agony, as Jay slowly maid his way over the chipped bed.

That's when the rooms lights behind him flicked on. There was a yell as Jay half sprinted half limped to the grass. The yelling had increased in tone as he landed on the grass and ran for dear life.

It was like his legs were winged and was the fastest runner in the world. The air wiped past his head as he race the lawn.

For a few seconds all Jay felt was the cool air in his lungs and how good it will feel to be home. How he missed his mom, and awaited the steaming breakfast ahead. Freedom was so close that Jay could practically taste it. That was until a hand grappled his calf and sent home face first into the dirt and grass.

Trying to clear his head, Jay gasped at the heavy weight thrown over his back. This didn't deter Jay from fight though.

He jerked and squirmed, trying so desperately to free himself. In the end, he was dragged back across the lawn, flailing around like a fish out of water.

It was clear that non of the guards wanted to deal with him as they threw Jay down onto the marble floor. Jay rubbed his jaw and looked up to what he thought would be Rowan.

Instead, he was met with the blue eyes Alex. A smirk was painted over his face as he looked down at Jay like a peasant. He tutted with slight annoyance as he pulled the smaller up and started dragging him across the large room.

"Ro said that you would behave well, but from the looks of it, that is a for sure no. So until Ro gets back from his unexpected assignment, you will be spending some time with me," Alex said with a bit of giddiness lacing his works.

What had fate have in store for Jay this time?