1

Mia's eyes fluttered open. It was a bright, sunny morning. The walls surrounding her were rich and creamy coloured. The bed she had awoken in was also as soft as silk. A clear scent of anti-septic permeated the air, along with a striking bitter odour of freshly brewed coffee.

"Hm... I wonder what hotel this is', she thought.

She was wearing a comfortable white gown. There were a lot of people in the room, attendants, she assumed. They asked her how she was and gave her a nice tray of breakfast. They all seemed friendly, although most looked a bit uncomfortable, like they were hiding something from her.

This was all nice, but Mia was wondering where her...

Her... what?

Somehow, she couldn't remember. What was happening? Why couldn't she recall?

The more she concentrated on her thoughts, the more painful it felt. The static in her head was getting louder and louder.

"Maybe... maybe I'm just having a mental block", she told herself.

This reassurance didn't totally convince her, though.

Mia overheard the people near her discussing something strange. She caught a barely audible mention of her name. It was... about her? They were talking in hushed, saddened voices, but Mia attempted to listen in.

Suddenly, Charles burst into the room, looking frantic. Two grown-ups, one blonde-haired and one brown-haired, came in soon after.

"Mia! Are you okay?! It's me, Cerberus F. Lucifer the IV, and-"

"What? I don't understand".

Charles stopped in his tracks, as a look of heartbreak fell upon his face. He felt... a deep sinking feeling in his chest, as his eyes started to blur. He remembered something the doctors were trying to tell him before he dashed in. Charles had never thought... it would end up being true though.

"Y- You actually... don't remember me?"

Mia blinked in confusion.

"...Who are you?"