Chapter twelve

I wore my jacket and shoes and got out to see James waiting for me in the car.

"Hey" he said.

Then with an obvious nervous tone I responded, " Uh hi"

"Kevin called and asked to meet up with us at the diner"

"Okay, did you talk to your mom"

"Yes ma'am and I have the best news for you. My mom gave me this picture of my dad's bestfriend and co-worker and she told me that his name is Donald Stiller, which means he is not your dad."

"these are wonderful news, oh my god James. Now we still have one piece to solve out of the puzzle. We're so close."

We reached to the diner, Got out to meet Kevin and his "crush".

"Hello lovebirds, you're late." Kevin shouted.

"Hi guys I'm Corey and I believe you're Emma and James. Nice to see you." Now here's the thing, I've always supported Kevin, and he was always trying to hide his emotions because he knew I wasn't into relationships and I hated boys in general. A feminist I know. And now that I'm in one, I'd be honored to help my favorite man. and nice choice Kevin

And I already like him! Now let me tell you something. I loved the way she said hi first and he didn't wait for Kevin to introduce us which means he's open. I think they're a match already.

"Nice to finally see you girl, I've heard a lot about you" I smiled then we hugged.

"Guys we got the videotape, do you want to watch it now?

James kisses my forehead and rubs my back." Emma, you know uh, we can't push you to do something you're not ready for okay? take your time."

I rested my head on his shoulders thinking for a bit then I looked him in the eyes: " I have you guys around me, your support means everything to me. And if i'll ever do this, I'll do it when i'm with you. Play it Corey".

As the video starts to play we kept watching and rewinding over and over again because the videotape wasn't so clear.

"wait wait, stop here!" I shouted.

"Oh my god, the red hair it's him Emma, We found it! " James so excited.

"Wait who is that?" Kevin so confused.

"Look Kevin, this is a picture of my dad and the guy that stole everything from him. As we look at the picture and the video. It's the same guy, Donald stiller. Can you ask your brother to search for him?"

We decided to have breakfast while we were waiting. And then she gets another call by her brother: "wait what are you talking about? No one as Donald stiller exists ? This is impossible"

" What the hell? who is this guy?" Kevin asked.

"This is really weird, oh god now we're back to where we started." James said

"No we're not, this man whatever his name is. We are certain that he has done everyhthing for money, Apparently, he uses a fake name and approach company holders, then take everything away from. I think I remember dad talking about catching some sort of jerk trying to hack into the system or something like that."

"So when your dad caught him, he killed him? God he's a psychopath." James exclaimed.

"I think we should check your dad's old company, he must be the CEO of it now" I said

"What are you waiting for? let's go now. I'll drive." Kevin got out without anyone seeing him until we heard people on the street screaming .

"Guys where is Kevin?" I asked.

We got out, everyone was running in a different way shouting his name in the air waiting for a respond. " KEVIN WHERE ARE YOU? KEVIN!!!

Until I reached the place where the accident was. And all what I see is a pregnant woman in the car, her worried sweaty husband next to her in the driver's seat. And once I looked down I see Kevin with his eyes closed sinking in his own blood.

" GUYS OVER HERE COME ON SOMEONE HELP ME !"