13 : Nightmare

~ Lucas ~

Two years ago

It was evening time Mom, Dad, my little sister Lillian and I were on our way to my grandparents house to celebrate my dad's birthday. Mom and Dad were sitting at the front seats of the car having a deep conversation while my Dad was driving and Lillian was sitting beside me talking about random things that I wasn't interested in. I just look out of the window to the sun that was almost below the horizon.

My grandparents' Mansion was a bit away from the city into the suburban area. While I was looking out the window I saw a car behind us in the side mirror I kept looking at it for a while it was suspicious as it didn't change its path and kept following us.

I told my Dad about the car following us and he seemed worried and sped up the car. "Liam calm down maybe that car is going the same way there's nothing to panic about."

"You don't know how dangerous it is Marcella and even our kids are here we can't take a risk."Dad's eyes were hooded at the road he took different turns and frequently checking the rare view mirror to make sure if the car is still behind us.

"How is it risky and why are you do panicked? Is there something that you are hiding from us?" Mom asked looking worried for Dad.

The car seemed to stop following us so dad lowered the speed and started explaining. "Marcella I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier as I didn't wanted to worry you." Dad stopped the car at the side of the road where there was a small lake.

" A month ago when I dismissed James from our partnership I've been receiving threat calls and also I've been followed a few times" He took mom's hand in his.

"And that's the reason I increased our home security but I think there's no end to it. James knight was my business partner since a long time and was also a trustworthy man but a few months ago he was caught doing unethical practices in our business so that he could take over more shares of our company but I ended our partnership and dismissed him and now he's on the verge of bankruptcy."

"Oh god! how could you hide such a important thing from us Liam, what should we do? What if he hurt our kids?"

"Don't worry Marcella I have informed our security they must be on there way." Before he could say any further there was a bright flash of a car coming straight towards our car from the front and then a huge clash was heard and our car was thrown into the lake.

~ End of flashback ~

~ Rosella ~
It was midnight and I was just tossing and turning in my bed. My mind kept replaying the evening when I was with Andrew. I thought about how handsome he looked while dancing with me. Oh my god! am I having a crush on him? But how can I not he's so cute and a perfect gentleman.

Then my mind drifted to thoughts like who was this Zach knight and why do Lucas hate him so much? Why we're Luca's knuckles bruised when he came back from meeting Zach? Oh and did he treat his wound or did he forgot about his hand and just went to bed?

Suddenly I heard a noise. It was like something was thrown on the floor. I came out of my room to looked in the dimly lit hallway trying to find the cause of the noise but I am instantly terrified of thinking about things that the noise came from as I'm scared of darkness and this dim light is not helping enough to not get wild thoughts.

I think it came from Lucas's room so I slowly went near his door and put my ear on the door to hear what's going on. I heard a low voice like someone speaking something but couldn't make out what it was.