4: Who?

'I was next' 'I was next' 'I was next'

I woke up saying, "I was next," and then freaking out. I couldn't stop thinking about that so I grabbed the journal that my dad used to write in and read some of his stories about his cases to see if he dealt with a similar situation.

I looked over at my clock and saw it said 6:30 AM, and I groaned and rolled out of bed. I had to be at work at 7:30, and my head wasn't in the game.

I walked into the office and sat at my desk. I had a lot of paperwork to deal with because I was just getting started at the BAU. As I looked around and I see Agent Rossi's office and I thought about when I first met him.

Flashback

"In here," A man's voice yelled from the distance. 

BANG BANG

"FBI put your hands up where I can see them."

Tears were streaming down me as I held my hands up scared. 

"Hey sweet heart I'm Agent Gideon and this is my partner Agent Rossi, what's your name?"

"Alexandra," I said quietly. Agent Rossi picked me up and said, "You're going to be okay kiddo, we got you."

End of Flashback

"Earth to Alex," I hear in the distance. Then I see J.J. waving her hand in front of my face and I jumped. J.J. laughed and said, "You were deep in thought. Um... we have a case. Be in the conference room in five, okay?"

I smiled and she walked away. Spencer leaned over to my desk and whispers, "Are you okay?"

I smiled and said, "Fine," he asked again, "Are you sure? After your first case you've been quiet."

I looked at him and sternly said, "Spencer I Am Fine," and he just looked at me and then went back to his work. 

'You are not okay,' I thought to myself, 'You have too much on your plate. Tell someone.'

Everyone started walking to the round table and I started to walk over when Emily stopped me and said, "My first case was hard to handle afterward, the team will understand if you need to take a moment." I shook my head and said, "I'm here to do a job not care about my feelings," and walked into the room.

Penelope started talking, "Alright crime fighters, we have been asked to investigate a series of murders in our own backyard of Virginia. Two bodies in two weeks. So far it's been one male and one female but what's interesting about this is that there's been a recent abduction of a male and female that shares similar features of the first two victims."

Reid asked, "Where the recent victims reported missing?"

Garcia said, "Yes Clark Jones was reported missing about a month ago but the case went cold as well as Sam Miller."

"So that means the two victims were kidnapped and possibly stayed together and murdered together," Emily added and Spencer said, "Even though they were found a week from each other we should assume they were dumped at the same time but found at different times."

Hotch nodded and said, "Rossi and Emily got the M.E. to get an autopsy report on both victims, J.J. and Reid go the dump sight of Clark and Alex and I will go to Sam's dump sight."

We made it to the dumpsite and looked around for some clues. Hotch pointed out the faint footprints made in the dirt and I said, "Look at the distance from his footprints, there too far from each other to be from one person."

Hotch looked at me and I said, "There are two footprints but one is smaller than the other and both very far apart. Also, that spot is the only dirt spot, and so it had to be recently rugged by someone."

Hotch looked at the spot and said to the officer, "We need to dig up this spot to see if we can find anything."

We went back to the BAU and explained what we saw and what to do.

2 days later

The case was closed and we found our two Unsubs. Hotch gave us the weekend off to relax but I didn't know what to do.

As everyone was talking together they looked at me and said, "Alex, newbies buy first rounds of drinks, come on." I laughed and decided to go. We had a great night drinking and having a blast.

I got to my house and looked through my mail and saw I had a letter from Afganistan from an anonymous sender.

 I opened the letter and it said, 

" Dear Mrs.Montgomery, 

   Hello, my name is Jimmy Homer and I am your half-brother. I know this may come to a shock to you and you are wondering how I even found you but that's another story to tell in the future. I am 20 years old and our father just past away a few days ago. He knew about you and before he died he gave me all of your information. There's also a letter from him to you attached to this one, please read it. I hope you will reach out to me because I now have no one.

     Sincerely,

        Jimmy Homer."

'Homer,' I don't know any Homer's in my life. I looked at the envelope and saw another letter that I assumed that it was from my father. 

I decided not to open it right away because I wanted to process what is going on now. I have a half-brother and my biological father knew about me and still raised a boy. I'm 22 years old and he is 20 so two years later my biological father decided to have a child with someone and keep him. I guess I wasn't good enough for him. 

As of right now, I didn't want to read the letter from my "Dad" and didn't want to have contact with my half-brother.

The next day I walk into the office and Hotch said, "I thought I told you to have the weekend off." I said, "Sorry but I have lots of paperwork to do and still have to write my report on the last case."

Hotch let me bye and said, "Don't stay too long."

I smiled and said, "I won't."

I sat at my desk and saw Garcia walking and I said, "why did Hotch give me a hard time coming into work and not you?"

Garcia laughed and said, "Because my little duckling everyone knows I don't take days off."

I smile and she started to walk away and I said, "Wait," and she turned around, "Yes?"

"Will you look up a name for me and give me some info about this person," I asked her and she looked at me confused, "It depends on what you need?"

I said, "I need information about Jimmy Homer he lives in Afghanistan and just recently lost his father." 

"Is there a reason why," Garcia asked and I sighed and said, "It's kinda personal."

Garcia recently said, "Fine ill do it but only this one time."

I thanked her and she left as I sat back down to do paperwork.