Prologue

"Okay so, What's your biggest fear?" I asked as I stared at him.

We laid on a blanket, on the floor of his living room, passing a blunt back and forth.

"Loss." He responded lowly as he stared at the ceiling.

"The loss of what?" I frowned as I propped myself up on my elbow to face him.

"Anything, it's the feeling of loss I'm afraid of- the ultimate empty feeling. I imagine it's the worst feeling in the entire world." He glanced at me before passing me the blunt.

I couldn't help but stay quiet and let his words sink in.

"You ever felt that before?" I asked quietly

"No. Not yet" he cleared his throat. "Tell me, what's your worst fear?"

"Falling completely in love with the wrong person"

"How original of you" he smiled sarcastically

I snorted "shut up! let me finish"

"Go on.."

"One person can completely break you. How can I possibly allow someone that much power over me? But at the same time I don't want to block my blessings either." I blew smoke out of my nose as I passed him the blunt back.

"Mm..." he responded as he pulled from the now bud. "Sounds to me you're afraid of loss as well"

"Maybe" I bit my lip as I thought about it

"We just two scared ass muh fuckas then" he smirked as he looked at me from the corner of his eye.

I laughed "scared as hell"

We laughed longer than we should have, showing that the cannabis was starting to get to us.

As our laughter died down he sat up all the way and turned to me, face showing how serious he'd just gotten.

"Spend the night with me"

"You asking me or are you telling me?" I sat up as well

"Both." He smirked

I bit my lip as I tried to control my smile.

"okay..."