(6)

Darcy wakes to the light in her face, as always. She raises a hand to her eyes, letting out a soft groan of pain. It's like a hammer pounds on inside her head, her whole skull vibrating with each throb. After letting her eyes adjust, she finds herself in the pack hospital once more. Seems to be a trend. A moment of rubbing her temples before she sits up. Only to let out a noise of pain and be pushed back down by gentle yet firm hands.

Eyes search the room, Jace at the end of the bed, stone-faced, anger seeming to flicker in his eyes. Her vision blurs as she moves to inspect who she assumes is the pack doctor beside her. Panic flares through her for a moment, waiting for her vision to fix itself. After a few moments of silence, a gentle voice telling her to 'breathe' gets her to loose a breath she didn't realize she held. Her vision focused again.

"Could I have something to eat?" Are the first words she says, after analyzing the doctor. He smiles a little and leaves the room after a nod. That frustrates her, to be left in such a vulnerable state with Jace alone. He doesn't say anything, just helps her sit up after a moment. She studies him in turn, her head aching so much she has half a heart to fall back asleep.

"You've been out a few hours, your wolf has worked quickly in healing you but it may take another hour or two yet," Jace says finally, after she seems comfortable. "A pack member thought you were a rogue and attacked."

"Right. Cool." Darcy still feels a little dazed, a little lost in her mind. Had she really been so slow? No... So lost in panic. So lost in her mind that she let a mere pack member go right in for the kill. She chastises herself thoroughly in her head. How could she be so stupid? Panic made people do such crazy, desperate things. Stupid things. Jace seems to let her brood as food is brought in on a tray they place over her legs.

Her hands shake as she grabs the spoon for the steaming soup, she soon realizes the amount of energy her body is exerting healing the blow to her head. It leaves the rest of her body somewhat helpless. Jace moves to help her eat but she refuses that quickly. So instead, she eats the small bit of bread on the side that doesn't require cutlery. She can see some frustration fluttering on the otherwise emotionless face of Jace as she eats.

"I'm going to put you through the pack trials soon." Jace crosses her arms, watching her struggle to lift the cup of water to her mouth.

"You'll do no such thing." Darcy has to place the water back on the tray to avoid dropping the cup. "Who said I want to join a pack?"

"I did." Jace almost growls, she can feel his anger radiating off him. But her own anger met his. The doctor from before gently knocks on the open door.

"Her body is healing phenomenally, but we wouldn't want that energy to be lost to other things, Alpha," the doctor says as a warning before leaving.

"Yeah, listen to the doctor, Alpha," Darcy smiles mockingly at Jace.

"You'll do as I say, I'm your mate." Jace grabs her chin with his hand, causing almost an instant riot. Darcy lunges, pulling an IV she didn't realize she had in her arm, the metal knocking to the ground. Hot soup shocking her where it spills on her skin, the tray getting completely knocked over. Who the fuck does he think he is? In her moment of rage she feels like she wants to rip him limb from limb, but then she realizes not really... What her mind thought was the want to hurt him was... Not quite so. This feels like a great opportunity to jump him. Rip his shirt off his body, run her hands down his- she is thrown back into the bed by an angry doctor.

"You're disrupting the patient, I may have to ask you to leave." The doctor's eyes are narrowed slightly as he pulls out the dislodged IV from her arm, speaking to Jace like he wasn't the man's Alpha. Her head spins, her eyes unfocusing again. Her anger for Jace is short lived as she pushes the doctor aggressively out of the way to hurl onto the floor beside the bed. The smell of her vomit stings her nose as she wipes her mouth with the back of her hand.