Recess

Recess wasn't always fun for Evan. Sometimes, he'd get picked on by Ram Sweeney. The biggest kid in the first grade.

   On the other hand, Connor really liked recess. It was a time he could think and not get bossed around by Mrs. Levitt. He wasn't bullied most of the time, just...forgotten. He didn't really mind it though. He never liked attention anyways.

   One day at recess, Evan was sitting on a bench after he got beat by Ram. He had a small bruise beginning to form on his upper right arm. It hurt really bad. His eyes began to water a little at the pain. He'd completely zoned out and didn't notice another kid sitting down next to him.

   The smaller boy was pulled from his thoughts when he felt a small tap on his shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?" The brunette asked in a gentle tone. "You  look like you're gonna cry."

   It took a moment for Evan to process the question. "O-oh...I'm o-okay, but my a-arm hurts really b-b-bad."

   "Why?"

   "R-ram hit me...and s-said my s-stutter w-was bad."

   "Oh. Well for 1, Ram is just a meany butt!" The boy stated.

Evan giggled.

   "And for 2, I think your stutter is cute." He said with a smile. "I'm Connor! What's your name?" Connor questioned.

   "I-I'm Evan.."

   "Cool! Wanna be friends?"

   "S-sure!"

Maybe recess isn't so bad after all.

(A/n: sorry if this is kind of short. but toddlers are cute and hopefully Connor and Evan being cute as baby childs is enough to make up for how short it is >:0)