Empress for a Day

"Ah!" Boa Hancock draped dramatically backwards over Salome, "I miss Luffy."

"We know." Marigold and Sandersonia droned.

"He's been gone for over 2 months 12 days 3 hours and 46 minutes!"

"We know."

"I just don't know how I can bear not seeing him! "

"We know."

She'd been like this for days. Days which, if the two younger Gorgon Sisters were being honest with themselves, felt like years. The Love Sickness was getting so bad, that Elder Nyon insisted that the Snake Princess should leave the island and go and find him.

Even though...they had no idea where he was.

Marigold and Sandersonia sighed. They loved their sister, they really did, but sometimes she could really be a bit...much.

They only had two leads; a report that the Straw Hat pirates were seen on Fishman Island, and a newspaper article saying that the Straw Hats and the Heart Pirates had made an alliance.

A newspaper article that neither of them had actually managed to read . Hancock, after seeing Luffy' picture in the paper, had pounced upon the article and never let it leave her grasp. Marigold had peered into her sister's room the same day, only to see the paper with hearts and kisses drawn around Luffy's face and a furious scribble blotting out Trafalgar Law's.

The two looked at each other. They just wanted to find Luffy as soon as possible so they could return to Amazon Lily. The marines had taken note of Boa Hancock's obvious infatuation with Luffy during The War of the Best. They couldn't harm her because of her Warlord status, but what about the rest of the Kuja. It didn't sit right with them.

Best to return home as fast as they could.

"Snake Princess." Ran, one of the more experienced Kuja Pirates, knocked on the door.

"What?" Hancock jolted upright, "Have you found him? My Luffy?"

"N...no." She bit her lip, "There's a ship heading this way. It's a world noble's."

Their blood froze. A world noble...

Boa Hancock was the first to react. "Ignore them," she declared, "No, steer away from them. Avoid them at all costs."

"Don't let them near us!" Sandersonia hissed.

"But they already adjusted course towards us."

Silence.

Hancock waved a hand, "Ran, leave us."

"Sister," Marigold blurted out as soon as she'd left, "what should we do?"

None of them wanted to see a Noble. For while rage burned in their veins, coarse and furious, they couldn't deny that the mere thought of seeing one made them want to curl into a dark corner.

Sandersonia grimaced, "There's nothing we can do. If we don't meet them, they can remove the Snake Princess' Warlord status. Our hands are tied."

Hancock sucked in a deep, long breath. Nerves somewhat recollected, she stood, "Right. Let's go."

They opened the door.

Cr-ack!

Only to see the World Noble's ship get smashed in half.

Their jaws dropped. They were relieved, but who would do something so foolish as attack a Celestial Dragon?!

Floooooooooom!

The ship went up in flames.

No one knew quite what to say. So they said nothing, and just watched the object of their detestation slowly sink into the ocean.