⒈n i g h t s k i e s

You under the coversLike what happened here ain't nothing sacredI can tell you fucked up overSomeone else you can't replace                                     — Jessie Reyez                                            Imported

Like what happened here ain't nothing sacred
I can tell you fucked up over
Someone else you can't replace
                                     — Jessie Reyez
                                           Imported

Nights in Els was always the her favourite time of the day. Something about how the city felt so alive yet so dead at the same time. Bliss yearned for it so much on a given day, that she'd count the hours until the joyous sun would fall asleep and the moon would take its place. The stars fascinated her the most. Despite living in a city with lights brighter then the twinkling spots that decorated the night sky, living in a wealthy, secluded area certainly had its perks.

Maybe it was the stars, maybe it was the city or maybe it was the dark haired boy who painted art pieces inside of her. The sounds he was able to conjure out of her. Maybe it was the fact that every night, she didn't feel as lonely. But everyone knows, all good things had to eventually come to an end. Once satisfaction dripped down her pasty skin and ached between her thighs, regret tugged at her heart.

"I think it's time for you to leave. " She managed to breathe out, still trying calm her racing heart. Once the words escaped her swollen lips, the air in the room changed. They were still pressed up against each other so she could feel him tense up next to her.

"Uh yeah, sure. "He replied nonchalantly. He probably already knew this was coming, every night it was the same. But Bliss knew him long enough to know that just like her, he was aching inside. Only difference was, she was aching because of another boy.

He stood up swiftly, his back muscle flexing in the process. Once he was able to locate his black Calvin Klein underwear, the got dressed as quick as he undressed not a few hours ago. Bliss watched him with pity and regret. She didn't want to do this to him, but he knew what she wanted the day he set his eyes on her.

Connection, a physical Connection. Nothing more.

"Wait Milo! " She called out to him, clutching the silk sheets close to her body, jogging to her living room where he stopped walking.

"Yeah? " He sounded hopeful as if she was going to pour out her heart and confess her undying love for him. Sadly that wasn't the case.

"I, uh... Just wanted to tell you to be careful when you leave. " Bliss informed him. They both knew that she didn't mean that there was danger outside. She lived in the safest, wealthiest area in Els. Milo simply chuckled.

"Don't worry, they won't see me. We've been doing this for months now and our names haven't been plastered together on a gossiping website so relax. " He reassured her. As soon as he made his way to her door, Bliss stopped him again.

"Oh and goodnight Milo. " He turned and gave her a knee weakening smile, one that many of his fans fell in love with. Unfortunately not Bliss.

Once he left, she trudged over to her wardrobe and covered herself in a plush white robe. Turning on some music to play softly in the background and grabbing a bottle of Bordeaux, she opened the door that led to her balcony overlooking the whole city. Bliss poured herself a glass and observed the beautiful sky, counting the stars knowing full well that it was an impossible feat.

There were far too many anyway.

Every night she did it because knowing he was out there doing the same, eased the ache in her heart. Knowing that at least they were under the same sky, she didn't feel as alone.