6

James was an oil tycoon in Delta but he decided to relocate to Calabar because he wanted be closer to his fiancée.

He had bought a very beautiful duplex at G.R.A upon his arrival, which was to serve as their home after they get married, while Anita took care of decorating the interior of the house.

*******
Anita unlocked the door and walked in, only to meet James sleeping on the sofa. Immediately he heard the door close he woke up.

"Baby, you are finally back! You look really tired. What happened to your phone? I have been trying your line."

"My battery was flat and I can't even find my car charger. I had to ensure that the girl was properly admitted before leaving the hospital."

"You really look tired and you've got eye bags. Why don't you shower while I serve you supper?"

"Exactly what I need right now and babe, you will give me that your special massage. My body hurts all over."

"Anything for my baby." He replied and placed a kiss on her lips before wrapping his hands around her.

"Calm down babe, not now. Let me freshen up."

"Okay, okay." He replied unwrapping his hands from her body.

She took her shower while her fiancée set the table. When she was done, she changed into one of her sexy lingerie then wore a robe over it before heading for the dinning.

"So, what did Mr Chef prepare tonight?" She asked as she took her position on the dinning.

"Plantain pottage and garnished vegetable sauce. It has crayfish, beef, chicken slices, just the way you like it."

"Awwwwn really, now I am famished!"

He dished her meal while he sat and watched her eat.

"Why aren't you eating?" Anita asked as she noticed he didn't dish his food.

"Reserving my appetite for the big meal."

"What big meal?" She asked, her cheeks already turning red.

"You want to tell me you didn't miss daddy?"

"Of course, I did. Now that you mentioned it, I think I am filled up. Why don't you go straight for the big meal?"

"As your lordship pleases." He replied lifting her from the chair swiftly and carrying her into the bedroom.

*********
Anita woke up the next morning feeling better than the previous day.
After taking her bath, she hurried through the wardrobe, looking for what to wear for her meeting. She finally decided to put on a wine coloured pant and a nude turtle-neck slack. She wore a light makeup and packed her hair in ponytail. She looked in the mirror and was satisfied with her appearance.
She went back to bed and finally turned to James who was still sleeping and whispered into his ears.

"Honey, I am leaving for the meeting. I would be back late because I have to visit the girl in the hospital. Take care of yourself." She said and placed a kiss on his cheeks before turning to leave.

He murmured back to her.

"Give me a call when you get to Abuja."

"OK dear. I will." She replied, gently closing the door behind her.

Her meeting didn't take too long because she was able to get back to the hospital by noon and went straight to Ellas' room.

She sat beside Ella on the bed and said to her. "Pretty girl, I know you can hear me. Please come back, you are making everyone around you worried. Please come back."